Glad I looked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really had no idea that there are places that you can donate meat to, my freezers are still full from getting my limit this year and from the ones we got with the vehicles.

Are there places that you can just take them the meat though? I have never taken a deer in to get processed, I always do it myself, I don't need any more meat, but I am going to take the old lady out hunting this time and I wouldn't allow her to shoot one if it would go to waste. I couldn't afford to bring the deer and pay for the process, just to donate to meat, but I could clean it myself and bring the meat to someone in need.

check with your local processor. They don't expect you to pay for the processing just make a $10 tax deductible donation. according to the regulation book.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
check with your local processor. They don't expect you to pay for the processing just make a $10 tax deductible donation. according to the regulation book.

Correct. The $10 is to cover the processors supplies.
If you have extra meat, one might also check with a local church that works with homeless folks, or one of the homeless shelters that runs a kitchen to feed the homeless.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need another doe for jerky meat. I'd like to get one with the recurve but may try out a .284 Winchester I picked up last week. I still have a couple tags left for archery.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the Holiday Antlerless season started today, I took my little cousin who is 13 out today he had never been deer hunting before he only has ever hunted squirrel and rabbit, and we were walking out to my stand, and about half way to the stand we spot one. That little **** shot his first deer in the first 10 minutes of his first deer hunt. I couldn't believe it, he didn't even get to go into the stand.
Here is a picture

[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the Holiday Antlerless season started today, I took my little cousin who is 13 out today he had never been deer hunting before he only has ever hunted squirrel and rabbit, and we were walking out to my stand, and about half way to the stand we spot one. That little **** shot his first deer in the first 10 minutes of his first deer hunt. I couldn't believe it, he didn't even get to go into the stand.
Here is a picture

[Broken External Image]

Sweet! Did you make him eat a piece of the liver, as is the tradition when getting the first deer???

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job Redneck, starting a new hunter is so exciting.

Yes it was, he is the first person that I have been able to teach so far, and it was alot of fun for both of us, but I think that I enjoyed it even more just by the look on his face when the deer dropped.

I also made a point to him that we don't shoot any animals just for the fun of it, or just to get a buck mounted, we kill an animal because we eat them. He gained more respect for an animals life that day, and I will stress that to hi every time we go out hunting.

But it was a fun outting with him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom