glenfield 60 fix up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay.....

I picked up a glenfield 60 from a pawn shop just a couple of months ago. It was for more memory than neccesity. My uncle gave me one as a kid and I never got to shot it. I sold his gift to get funds during hard times a few decades ago.

Now I have a pretty decent little rifle that needs some scrathes on the stock fixed and an over all face lift.

I've seen several comments list their love for this rifle and some post about their work on the rifle. So, I'm calling all of you out to post some pics and get your tips for a repair on this model.

Help me, help this little 22.

Ha, Ha
Thanks

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well,
The barrel has a few small pox marks on it, but no rust seen and still blue. The stock has a few scares on it. Think I will sand and refinish... Opinions on how to do it best? Also, it has the squiral pattern on it. Any thoughts on how to strip that down and protect it?

Thanks

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay.....

I picked up a glenfield 60 from a pawn shop just a couple of months ago. It was for more memory than neccesity. My uncle gave me one as a kid and I never got to shot it. I sold his gift to get funds during hard times a few decades ago.

Now I have a pretty decent little rifle that needs some scrathes on the stock fixed and an over all face lift.

I've seen several comments list their love for this rifle and some post about their work on the rifle. So, I'm calling all of you out to post some pics and get your tips for a repair on this model.

Help me, help this little 22.

Ha, Ha
Thanks

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_gunny_1.gif

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, nice pic.
Well, I spent the better part of a day trying to get a pic downloaded of the rifle and it just won't work for me.

However, HB I'm sure you do a great job but I think that I wan't to put the elbow work into this piece of history. Thanks though.

Ill throw some pics up as I progress. If you guys have advise Id love to hear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom