Glock 17 Threaded barrel question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided to buy a threaded barrel for my G17, I'm not an expert on these thing so please bear with me. I've read serveral threads over GT and ARF about the aftermarket barrels such as KKM, Bar sto, LW, Federal and storm lake. I really don't know what to get. LW on my G19 did a very well job but I would like to try out something new.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the lower price set, I'd go with the LWD with the logo moved to the bottom (hate that stupid wolfman logo).

If you want one of the best, definitely go Bar-Sto or KKM. They're generally considered the best aftermarket Glock barrels available.

I had a LWD threaded G-23 .40/9 conversion barrel that worked just fine. I have 3 Glock Bar-Sto's and they're all excellent.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the lower price set, I'd go with the LWD with the logo moved to the bottom (hate that stupid wolfman logo).

If you want one of the best, definitely go Bar-Sto or KKM. They're generally considered the best aftermarket Glock barrels available.

I had a LWD threaded G-23 .40/9 conversion barrel that worked just fine. I have 3 Glock Bar-Sto's and they're all excellent.

Did you shoot match with those bar-sto barrel too?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Lone Wolf G17 threaded barrel, but just sold it. I decided to go back to the factory Glock barrel (since I never shoot lead anyway), so I sent my original barrel to Tornado Technologies and had them extend and thread it. I was told by several folks to expect a long wait, but I shipped it on 24 August and had it back on 1 September (8 days total). I am very pleased with it. Here is a link to TT's website for the G17 threading: http://www.tornado-technologies.com/services.html

awww.tornado_technologies.com_images_threading_glock_extend_0528.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know he does.

I hard fit a bar-sto to GTG's Glock 17.
Its a shooter for sure.

Yes it is! :)

I actually have 2 Bar-Sto's for my G-17. The threaded unit Mike hard fit and a semi drop-in (which dropped in) that I use in matches. Both work flawlessly, though the threaded unit has an accuracy edge.

I have a semi drop-in in my G-34 that has over 40K through it. Haven't tested it in a while, but when new it would put 10 rounds of my match handloads into 1.25" it 25 yards from the bench.

Latest posts

Top Bottom