Glock 19 trigger job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been wanting to get a trigger job done on my 19. I would like to take the trigger down to about 3 pounds. Has anyone had this done to theirs? I also would like to know a certain price range I can expect to pay. I don't like the factory trigger at all. It is stiff and I want it to be smooth. I am also considering adding a tungsten guide rod. Do these add much weight to the gun? Thanks for the help.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

heat-ar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a ghost trigger in my glock 17 and its a big improvement over stock.Its still not as good as my PPQ trigger but the ghost trigger is worth the money.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did it one on mine using the Ghost kit. Go with the one that ASP785 posted. They have an "ultimate" version that lets you work on the reset, and honestly, I could never mine to work they wanted it to. The regular Ghost Inc. kit with a polish job brought mine down so low that I ended up putting the factory springs back in for my sake.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3.5 lb. connector and have someone who has done it buff the crucible. Not a fan of the Ghost. Zev makes a good "system," if you want a complete new trigger. The tungsten stuff is unnecessary.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3.5 lb. connector and have someone who has done it buff the crucible. Not a fan of the Ghost. Zev makes a good "system," if you want a complete new trigger. The tungsten stuff is unnecessary.

Agreed. Don't waste your money on the tungsten crap. Make sure you test the weapon thoroughly after modifying the trigger. The only time I have ever had issues was one that had a "trigger job". I do run the ghost connector in one of my guns and it has had some polishing. I won't ever change the firing pin spring again, I had multiple light primer strikes.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So is this something I would need to have a gunsmith do? I am not very smart when it comes to disassembling guns beyond field stripping. It is making me worry now about hurting the reliability of my pistol. The picture only showed the connector and one spring. And what exactly is it that needs polishing? Thanks for the help. I will just keep my stock guide rod as well.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is this something I would need to have a gunsmith do? I am not very smart when it comes to disassembling guns beyond field stripping. It is making me worry now about hurting the reliability of my pistol. The picture only showed the connector and one spring. And what exactly is it that needs polishing? Thanks for the help. I will just keep my stock guide rod as well.

You don't need a gunsmith. I would be willing to help if you want to get the parts. We can meet up sometime and I can help you out and show you what to do.

Tons of stuff on YouTube also.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't need a gunsmith. I would be willing to help if you want to get the parts. We can meet up sometime and I can help you out and show you what to do.

Tons of stuff on YouTube also.
that's really nice of you. I am gonna order them today. If I can't do it myself I will meet you somewhere.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281275364349

$13 shipped to your door. And as above, you can do some polishing up. But you will most likely like what you have with a Ghost Trigger Connector. 5 minute install.

I just installed a couple more of these for a couple guys. I think I have a extra one, if you just cannot wait. But this guy I bought the last 5 from above, I don't know how he does it, but he had them here from California in two days!!!!