Glock 19 vs Springfield Xdm9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Maximus-

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the time I got my XDm9, the current gen Glock didn't fit my hand for anything, I couldn't hit the mag release, my finger tip had start the trigger pull. The XDm9 had 3 backstraps so I could change them out if I needed to, although the medium grip fits my hand just about perfect.

The new 4th gen Glocks could have the same thing now with the backstraps. If they don't get small enough then I would not be able to get a Glock, the grip is simply to big for my hand.

As for performance it will depend on who you ask...but I have heard excellent things about Glocks, and my XDm is a shooter and I carry it everyday.

guns_not_groceries

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I personally think you're comparing apples to oranges. The Glock 17/34 is more comparable to the XDM. XDM is a full size pistol and the Glock 19 is a compact pistol. So ultimately, it depends on what your intended use for the pistol is. If you ever plan on CCW......go with the 19 over the XDM any day. I used to have a Glock 19 and it seems to conceal okay. But I wanted a range gun so I sold it and got a 34 and I'm very happy!

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go shoot both back to back somewhere. rent or get a couple people from here and see what you like dislike. also like its been said decide what the primary purpose is going to be for the weapon. the XD has the extra feel good safeties and indicators on it vs the glock but see what you like better.

by the way i had a xd40 tactical, shot it back to back with my buddies G19 and traded for the glock the same week. But my circumstances may be different as i decided more towards looking for a conceal carry weapon than a bedside gun.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like both glocks and xd's, and own one of each. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

If you are going to carry it, i'd go with the 19 over the full size xd, or xdm.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think you can beat a G19 for it's versatility. However, I picked up a XD40 recently and I really like the way it shoots. Add a trigger job and you have a perfect home defense gun.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Like everyone else, the size difference is huge between the two. Again, I also recommend shooting both platforms before buying. The Glock does have the advantage in parts cost and availability, but both guns have very good reliability by the reports I've heard.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally think you're comparing apples to oranges. The Glock 17/34 is more comparable to the XDM. XDM is a full size pistol and the Glock 19 is a compact pistol. So ultimately, it depends on what your intended use for the pistol is. If you ever plan on CCW......go with the 19 over the XDM any day. I used to have a Glock 19 and it seems to conceal okay. But I wanted a range gun so I sold it and got a 34 and I'm very happy!

dude the 34 is much more then a range gun, you have yourself an assault weapon:thumb:

love the 34..!!!!

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a glock 26, and an xdsc. I like them both. Never had a hiccup from either gun.

If I had to choose to get rid of one, it would have to be the xd. No reason except parts, mags, etc are so abundant with the glock.

I don't think you can go wrong with either gun. Seriously. Handle them both, and go with the one you like the best.

Oh, I have the glock 19, and I've shot the full size xd. Like em both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom