Glock 36 info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for practice I use Remington UMC 230gr. fmj
for self defense I use Hornady 230gr XTP.
Semper Fi

Thanks...but it probably really doesn't matter as long as the gun feeds and functions right with it. Was just wondering what you use... I have some plain old WWB and some el cheapo Federal FMJ off the local Walmart shelf to take to the range, plus the odd-ball assortment of various JHP's to run through it. If this gun is like the typical Glock, it most likely won't care anyway and will eat and fire whatever ammo it gets. I got a new box of those Winchester Supreme PDX 1 JHP rounds in a trade, those are going down range too...I tend to use whatever good JHP I can pick for carry, really don't have a preference as long as it goes bang every time.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried a G36 for about a year and shot it at the range a few times, never had any problems with it at all. I switched it out for a Glock 19 because I wanted more than 7 rounds at my disposal. I have nothing bad to say about the Glock 36 except that it doesn't provide as many shots as I prefer. In my opinion, if you only feel like you want 6 or 7 shots, then carry a revolver. If you are OK with 6-7 shots and want a semi-auto in a great caliber, then the G36 may be right for you.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a Glock-36 for several years. It has been totally relaible, surprisingly accurate and better suited for concealed carry than a 1911 type. I still have the gun but have opted for a Kahr PM-9 in a pocket holster for daily carry.
Well, I have always had the itch for a Glock 36. So, despite the fact that it is 6+1 and dang near as big as my Glock 19, which is 15+1, I got one...NIB Glock 36. I tried out the Glock 30sf and found it was sf (still fat). So I give up some capacity for some grip-a-bility. On paper, it is listed as 1.13" thick and the 19 is at 1.18", but the grip on the 36 does feel a bit better.

Anybody have one and wanna tell me how you like it. Or not? Its NIB right now, but it dang sure won't be by the end of the weekend! Hope I like it cause if not, there will be a "for sale or trade " ad posted Monday for a used Glock 36!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update on the G36: Took it out and put some rounds through it. Surprisingly little recoil, not much more than the G30sf that I used to have. Able to bring the sights right back on target quickly. Typical Glock reliability with the new 36; not a single glitch; and it felt good in the hand; pointing naturally for me; but then I like the Glock grip angle; some of ya'll may not. Might be a genetic thang; ya'll should see a doctor and maybe surgery can fix that for ya...(Ain't it nice to have choices?)

I did not have any problem with the often-heard-magazine-pinky-pinching issue; but then, seein' as how I am tougher than an old two-dollar steak, maybe it's a problem for more "sensitive" folks. :comfort: Size-wise, its a bit shorter than my G19 in the grip, a tiny bit shorter in over all length and weighs a little bit less fully loaded. Of course the G19 has 15+1 and the G36 a blazing 6+1but, sometimes I just wanna have a .45 on my hip. I think I like this pistol; in fact, I believe I will go pull it out of the safe and go to Wally and buy some more boolets for it...and some steaks for dinner...(but for more than two dollars!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom