Walked away from an Armslist deal yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say you may have prevented something bad from happening in the future. If it trips the weirdshitometer, walk. Best advice I can give for FTF transactions.

Another thing I do is have them meet at a PD or SO parking lot. That filters out 90% of turds. Actually had a guy once say "can we meet somewhere else? I have some traffic warrants I don't want to go to jail on this weekend"

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bought, sold , and traded many guns off Armslist. I met a young man last night at 6:30 pm at the I-35 Stillwater exit for a trade and everything was fine. I've never had any trouble. The worst thing that ever happen was I drove to Chasion, which was 92 miles for me, and the guy lied his ass off. His guns were crap. I got back in the car and drove home.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I sell something I have them meet me in my town, that way if they dont show I haven't waisted time or miles driving. You want it come and get it. I have sold to a number of OSA members without any problems, either they come to me or I have met them. I've sold on armslist a number of times without any problems. But like I said I have them come to my town.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I had one guy show up for a FTF, claiming to be a doctor, but he had tats all over, a goatee, and was wearing a do-rag and mirrored sunglasses. Gave me bad vibes, so I bailed.

Damn... some freaks out there, huh?

I think I've met the same guy. Helluva nice guy right? :D

Oh, wait, ok, not me.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had relatively good luck on Armslist buying and selling a few guns here and there over the years. I've found some pretty rare/desirable/unusual stuff too. The biggest thing is to trust your gut, you guys know what to look for. When I sell, I tell the potential buyer they are welcome to look at it without obligation and when I'm buying I make it clear that I'm backing out if the gun isn't what it's said to be. I've been stood up a few times, I've had POS guns drug behind a car represented as "new", and the list goes on. I'm polite, even when the other guy gets $hi++y, and I simply say no thank you. I drove to OKC yesterday blind to look at a gun on AL. Met the guy, he was cool and turns out we know some mutual people. It's just part of the game. When I worked at the LGS, bubba would come in with his ZEVed out stippled Glock something demanding it was worth $2000, just like on AL. I've also met a few guys who I trust and deal with regularly. I'm also pretty sure everything I've just mentioned applies to OSA......

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I sell something I have them meet me in my town, that way if they dont show I haven't waisted time or miles driving. You want it come and get it. I have sold to a number of OSA members without any problems, either they come to me or I have met them. I've sold on armslist a number of times without any problems. But like I said I have them come to my town.
Well, you also offer some pretty killer deals. It was worth the drive!

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like it when the other party brings a friend along without notifying me up front. If there are going to be two people for me to watch I'd appreciate the option of bringing another pair of eyes as well.

The last armslist exchange I made was odd. The other party was trading me a semi-auto. I think he traded me his carry piece. He handed me a bag of spare ammo, the pistol, and a loaded magazine. The round that had been in the chamber was rolling around in the bottom of the ammo bag.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I had one guy show up for a FTF, claiming to be a doctor, but he had tats all over, a goatee, and was wearing a do-rag and mirrored sunglasses. Gave me bad vibes, so I bailed.

I think I've met the same guy. Helluva nice guy right? :D

Those guys with their San Quentin proctology degrees...:Heya:

Latest posts

Top Bottom