Going pig hunting Saturday - where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got pigs on my lease, but I cannot take guests on the lease, and I have a non-lease friend going with.

So, thinking of hitting either:

1. Deep Fork
2. Canton
3. Chickasaw National Recreation Area (around Arbuckle Lake),
4. Ft. Cobb, or
5. American Horse Lake

Anyone got a suggestion or tip on which and a good spot to hit in one of these areas?

Want to go to Waurika or Hugo Lake, but don't want to drive that far.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think Ft. Cobb is out - you can only use rimfires there according to that GW, but my .22 mag is not sighted in, so I'll be using a centerfire.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might consider try hog hunting the west side of Lake Lawtonka. Call the city of Lawton to find out what you have to do to hunt there. One of my friend went deer bow hunting last fall at there and he said the place is nasty with hogs.

I think you can use bow, shotgun, or blackpowder gun. Also you will need a boat or canoe to get over there.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would bet both sides of Canton would be fairly good...

Only drawback for Canton is it seems like alot of people know their are hogs there. I was up there a awhile ago trying to do some predator hunting and every direction I would walk in the woods, it seemed like I would come across people just walking around with some hunter orange and a gun. This was when the only season going on was furbearer too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might consider try hog hunting the west side of Lake Lawtonka. Call the city of Lawton to find out what you have to do to hunt there. One of my friend went deer bow hunting last fall at there and he said the place is nasty with hogs.

I think you can use bow, shotgun, or blackpowder gun. Also you will need a boat or canoe to get over there.

there is a gate access on the west side of that area. Its a long walk, so your suggestion of a boat would be better. I've been there.

Reaction score
Mymonkey my friend Joe is going, and we cannot have guests on the lease; otherwise I would. I think we may just hit deep fork again, or the Lawtonka idea - thanks for that one.

A few weeks ago, someone on here said that Lake Hugo is overrun with them, but that drive is too far for this particular weekend.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dr. T, where'd you end up going yesterday? Any luck? I may go to Sparks next weekend to see if anything showed up at the feeders. If so, I'll give you a heads up in case you would like to go along.

Latest posts

Top Bottom