Good deal Savage 110??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01somta

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been kicking around the idea of getting a long range/sniper rifle and I friend/co-worker offered me his Savage 110 .300 win mag w/ a swift premier scope for $350. I am having trouble finding a comparison of other .300 for sale, I am figuring that this is a decent price any input would be appreciated.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I would say that $350 is an okay price, not good but not bad. What kind of long range application is it for? .300 Win Mag can be a little overkill for most of the wildlife we have in OK.

01somta

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I would say that $350 is an okay price, not good but not bad. What kind of long range application is it for? .300 Win Mag can be a little overkill for most of the wildlife we have in OK.

No wildlife, I am not a hunter. This will be a target/sniper for an outdoor range.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal to me. i mean savages are good shooters out of the box and you have plenty of aftermarket stocks and other upgrades out there once you get more tuned in with the rifle and figure out what you like and dislike about it.

i have a 110 in .270win with a bushnell sportview 4x9 scope and really like it so far. Though i have only taken it to the range once i was hooked and cant wait to get some more time with it hopefully next week. either way $350 for a decent starter rifle with plenty of potential is a win in my book.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal to me. i mean savages are good shooters out of the box and you have plenty of aftermarket stocks and other upgrades out there once you get more tuned in with the rifle and figure out what you like and dislike about it.

i have a 110 in .270win with a bushnell sportview 4x9 scope and really like it so far. Though i have only taken it to the range once i was hooked and cant wait to get some more time with it hopefully next week. either way $350 for a decent starter rifle with plenty of potential is a win in my book.

Agreed, decent bolt gun with some glass on it for $350 sounds like a good deal. Plus .300 Win Mag FTMFW:50cal:

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Savage 10FCP (.308 Win) that is a hell of a shooter. Averages .75 MOA out to as far as I care to shoot it. I have not shot the Savage 110 in 300 Win Mag but if my rifle is any indication of Savage out of the box accuracy then you can not go wrong. I have taken this rifle all the way out to 1000 yards and I am able to get reliable hits (I the shooting gods are on my side that day). For the price get the 300 and shoot the hell out of it. If for some reason you decide later on that you do not like it.......you will be able to sell it for at least what you have inthe thing.........CHEERS

Latest posts

Top Bottom