Good Deals at Gun Shows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Sig 250's are nice. We've got some 40's in our shop and they sell fast. Also check out our store at the gallery of guns. We have all guns priced $10 over dealer cost, so if they're in stock you can usually save some money.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DONT go to a gun show expecting it to be like guns are on clearance or something because its not. Let me put it like this, a gun show puts a bunch of gun nuts together and it creates a buyers frenzy type atmosphere. We are going goo goo ga ga at all the gun p@rn so guess who is there to capitalize and make a profit.........?

Bottom line is that we go to gun shows because THERE are deals there BUT you have to find that diamond in the ruff. There is a screwing waiting on nearly every table but hey you just dont know what you might find sitting on that one obscure table in the back corner with the guy who has the eye patch and the "Get that Commie" t-shirt on.

Last edited:

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post! Well I haven't bought a gun since I was a little kid (mowed lawns and my dad bought them for me), and I am looking to buy my first handgun this next weekend at the gun show in the OKC fair grounds. After talking to the wife and looking at the finances, it looks like I can get away with spending around $300. I am going to use the gun mainly to learn to become comfortable with handguns, and also for home protection. The Home protection won't come until much later though. It won't be my only handgun, but it will be my only one for a little while. I am looking to get a Ruger P-95 or any P series 9mm, a S&W Sigma SW9VE, or a SIG Sauer P250 at this gun show. So my question is this... Can I reasonably assume that the prices at gun shows could be lower than most online stores?

While I agree on the shotgun for home defense, if you are looking to get a pistol I just wanted to tell you that I bought a brand new Ruger P95 at the Gun Show last year for exactly $300. But it was hard to find and like most people have already said most of the vendors are looking to screw you. But if you really look you might be able to find the deal that you want. The P95 is a great 9mm. It isn't a gock or Sig or a XDm but its also half the price. It is plenty accurate and it will eat any ammo you put in it. It will never be a carry gun (its too big) but its a great home defense 9mm that your wife would be able to shoot.

Bubbadreier

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys... Since I have am not in any rush to get the pistol now that I know I probably wont get a deal at the gun show, I think I am going to put the $300 away right now and start putting a little cash here and there away as well. @ poopgiggle, I have never thought about a youth gun but that sounds like a great idea for her!

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last gunshow I went to in OKC, which was the $6 gunshow a couple months ago, there were a couple of tables with Ruger P series priced right in line with or even a few dollars less than Bud's prices. I don't know about the others on your list. All I was interested in was the Rugers.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most gun shows I've been to in the last few years have higher costs than local shops. However, this last gun show (last weekend at the fair grounds) I was able to get the new Ruger LC9 for $379...seemed like a good price since I haven't seen one available in any local stores.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just my two cents. Get involved with okshooters, become part of a great group of guys. Participate and after you filled in the checks for the privliage of purchasing from the classifieds area and look there. Like I said become part and paricipate and make a lot of new friends. Everyone I've met on her while doing a transaction or just running into them at a local shoot, have been great. I've got some great pointers and some great ideas on doing things to my guns. The cumulative knowledge of shooting and gun related info is overwelming. I would trust okshooters members more than someone walking around a gun show.

mr.haney

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have made many great buys at gun shows but I tend to stay away from the dealers.Individuals looking to sell is always your best bet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom