Good Deals at Gun Shows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go to gun shows as a vendor and as a customer, I have found deals at every show I have gone to at tables and walking around. I do see some vendors that are ridiculous on their prices but others are not, My prices are kinda high on the price tags but that is a starting point for trades mostly and cash prices will be less than what is actually marked. If you tell me you are an OSA member it will probably come down even more! I sale quit a few at every show so it must not be that bad.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see a lot of good deals at gun shows, and have purchased more guns for myself there than anywhere else. But I always look for Colts, and weard odd weapons that you do not normally see, and items for some of my one of a kind builds that I do. Yes some dealers need a reality check when it comes to pricing, but there are several that do not. There are people that do not like gun shows, and will never like gun shows, and they like everyone to know it on any post that has anything to do with a gun show. Then there are others that love them like myself, because there are deals to be found if you look and stay at the show long enough. Don't be afraid to ask people that are walking around about the weapon they carry around the show trying to sell, look for the guy with the gun case, gun box, or who is carries around a big bag, it may be full of guns he is trying to unload because he is not into guns and was left them by someone.

Most dealers put high prices on their items so that you feel like you are getting a good deal when you talk them down. I am different, I do not like to haggle, or sell at high prices. So I figure what the lowest price I can put on a weapon and still stay in business, and put that price on the weapon.

Some dealers buy weapons at a high price, so their prices will be high to make a small profit. Others buy alot of weapons, they get them for less so they can sell them for less. Look for dealers with a lot of weapons, or who have islands, they are there to sell, sell, sell. But sometimes you will find a guy with one table that has some cool weapons, and very low prices, because he just wants to get out of the business, or he got a good deal on those weapons from a friend.

Hope this helps.

See you at the Oklahoma City show this weekend then the big W show next.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I do not like to haggle, or sell at high prices. So I figure what the lowest price I can put on a weapon and still stay in business, and put that price on the weapon.

And your website proves this point. I wish there were more dealers like you in the Tulsa area and at our local gun shows.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my problem with shows like that is the $12 at the door :( I know that's a little silly when I'm looking at spending hundreds on a firearm but for some reason once they went over 6 or 7 it just rubbed me the wrong way.

teumessian_fox

Marksman
Reaction score
Re a "first handgun."

I would strongly suggest you consider yours, and your wife's, first handgun not be a semiautomatic. For purposes of familiarization I would recommend a revolver.

For example, a Ruger SP101 in 357 magnum. Revolvers are reliable and easy to operate. The new shooter doesn't have to worry about whether the weapon is loaded and, if it is loaded, doesn't have to worry about how to make it safe.

Plus, w/the 357, you can shoot 38 special ammo for practice (it's cheaper and less punishing) and then load up w/357s for home defense.

IMO.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For purposes of familiarization I would recommend a revolver.

I disagree.

Revolvers are reliable and easy to operate.

So are Glocks.

The new shooter doesn't have to worry about whether the weapon is loaded

The Hell they don't! Of course they need to know whether it's loaded or not!

and, if it is loaded, doesn't have to worry about how to make it safe.

Also true for Glocks, XDs, M&Ps, etc.

I guess the manual of arms for those autos is slightly more complicated than a revolver's, but they make up for it by not having a heavy DA trigger pull like revolvers do (especially the SP101 you recommended).

you can shoot 38 special ammo for practice (it's cheaper and less punishing) and then load up w/357s for home defense.

Replace "38" with "9mm" and "357" with "+P" and this statement is equally valid for a 9mm auto.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bought and sold from OSA, gun show dealers, and individuals walking around at gun shows. It just depends, main thing is do your homework , know your prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom