Good Luck!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just ready for a north wind without inches of rain along with it lol. Need north winds but not miles of slop roads. Back in my motivated days I would just hop on the atv and go anyway :)

Luckily the roads I drive are decent but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to take this wet seat.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No hunting for me in the past week. My big 10 disappeared so I’m staying out of that place until he shows back up. Had a mature one finally show up at my place in northwest. No wonder he got old, everyone around has probably been passing him looking at the rack. Hopefully I get a crack at him with the bow. He scores every bit of 80 inches but hopefully I’ll get a shot.
ba91475ea8dc7c24575fcccda0d98ac8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I completely get it. My wife even made a comment a couple days ago about how I used to hunt versus how I do now. It was kind of embarrassing...:blush:

Likewise.
Back in the day a 2X6 wedged into the fork of a tree was good enough for a long days sit.
Now, I gotta have a shooting blind with heater, book library, and a pantry of snack foods and canned food to cook on the heater. lol!
I still have some ladder stands I hunt in, but when your area has very few trees at all, and in the case of my newest location, there is nothing higher than some Johnson grass on it you have to bring in shooting houses.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Likewise.
Back in the day a 2X6 wedged into the fork of a tree was good enough for a long days sit.
Now, I gotta have a shooting blind with heater, book library, and a pantry of snack foods and canned food to cook on the heater. lol!
I still have some ladder stands I hunt in, but when your area has very few trees at all, and in the case of my newest location, there is nothing higher than some Johnson grass on it you have to bring in shooting houses.

Wow! I was only talking about my hunting frequency and not my methods...that confessional is just plain embarrassing...:blush:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! I was only talking about my hunting frequency and not my methods...that confessional is just plain embarrassing...:blush:

Yup, but I earned my time in a comfortable blind from the extreme crap I did in the past. Don't miss it a bit either.
My current terrain pretty much dictates no ladder stands as there is no trees, No cover, 3' tall Johnson grass in a 1/3 mile long waterway, but the deer use it to get to a bean field. Gotta hunt the deer, not the woods you don't have permission to hunt in.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, but I earned my time in a comfortable blind from the extreme crap I did in the past. Don't miss it a bit either.
My current terrain pretty much dictates no ladder stands as there is no trees, No cover, 3' tall Johnson grass in a 1/3 mile long waterway, but the deer use it to get to a bean field. Gotta hunt the deer, not the woods you don't have permission to hunt in.

Oh I get it and was just funnin ya.

Latest posts

Top Bottom