good subsonic 9mm ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, Besies handloads what do you all use for your 9mm cans? I had some 147Gr american eagle and I am getting jams frequently. I have heard good things about alabama ammo special K but i have no way to get it since the only person I knew that sold it was Bryon and he is out. So what are some other good non expensive options? or does anyone know of anywhere else that sells special K?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might also try factory 124gr 9mm. I load my own SS 124gr ammo and it works very well. I load near the bottom of the scale in the books with it, but I could go up and still stay subsonic. I'm getting around 1000fps with mild yet 100% reliable loads.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By far and away the best subsonic (for noise) 9mm that I have found is the Fiocchi 158grn FMJ.

I got some of it in last Friday. Turns out I was able to make a range trip on Saturday with the Uzi.

All I can say is that in the immortal words of Frank Barone....HOLY CRAP!!!

This stuff is the quietest stuff I have ever shot. It is scarry quiet. I am not kidding when I say that paint ball guns are louder than the suppressed Uzi running on this stuff.

If I can get any more of it, I will.

Dave

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By far and away the best subsonic (for noise) 9mm that I have found is the Fiocchi 158grn FMJ.

I got some of it in last Friday. Turns out I was able to make a range trip on Saturday with the Uzi.

All I can say is that in the immortal words of Frank Barone....HOLY CRAP!!!

This stuff is the quietest stuff I have ever shot. It is scarry quiet. I am not kidding when I say that paint ball guns are louder than the suppressed Uzi running on this stuff.

If I can get any more of it, I will.

Dave

Dave,

Ammo To Go has the Fiocchi 158gr FMJ in stock right now.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catal...hi-158gr-subsonic-fmj-ammo/cName/9mm-fmj-ammo

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was that with the suppressor attached? Did you have any problems with this ammo without the suppressor?

I was about to ask the same. Shouldnt have any issues with it with suppressor attached.

And for all that matters, you really shouldnt have an issue w/o the suppressor (specially with factory 147s). I would ask how new is the gun you tried them with? What lb spring does it have in it? My HK has issues with handloads 147 over 3.2TG but 147 over 3.4TG gives me 0 FTEs. I would think the factory ammo would be at or above the 3.4TG pressures/velocities. But thats conjecture w/o data on my part.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful with the Fiocci 158gr. Some/a lot of 9mm barrels are 1:15 twist and may not stabilize them. A 15 twist 9 can even struggle with some longer 147gr 9mm bullets.

Always check the ammo on paper for round holes before running them through the suppressor.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful with the Fiocci 158gr. Some/a lot of 9mm barrels are 1:15 twist and may not stabilize them. A 15 twist 9 can even struggle with some longer 147gr 9mm bullets.

Always check the ammo on paper for round holes before running them through the suppressor.

Very good advice.

Ratski's Uzi should have a 1:10" twist, but like dustingaunder pointed out, most pistol barrels are a lot slower twist and it could be an issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom