Good Trail Camera out there to buy? or help with mine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use only Reconyx. Buy once, cry once. Everything else on the market is junk compared to them.

yeah sorry man on a budget I just don't quite make enough at the post office to pay for a camera like that. And if I could I can gurantee you that later that night on News on 6 you would see a photo of my wife and they would be talking about the murder of I for purchasing said trail camera. lol

Or heck we are in the same neck of the woods I can just come by the office and you can let me have an old one you don't use anymore. :) lol

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a Bushnell "Land Camera" I bought at Sam's Club for something like $80. It can be set to take three pics then stand by for a set amount of time before triggering again, and does reasonable BW at night. Set to its lower resolution it can go a few days at a time - well, unless there's a highway in the background that continuously trips the IR sensor.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not everyone can afford a $500 trail cam. Personally, I would rather have 10 of the primos cams for the same price.

In my experience, I literally spent $500 in junk cameras over the course of a couple years only to be frustrated with the poor quality of picture, the limited number of pictures and the poor battery life. And never was satisfied with any of them and had several break within that time period. Once I bought a Reconyx, I realized how sorry everything else was. I would have been money ahead, way ahead, if I would have just buckled down and bought the Reconyx to begin with.

The OP mentioned that he already wasted some money on cameras that didn't do what he needed and/or were broken. So, once he buys two or three of the others mentioned here and they don't perform or don't last, well, he shoulda bought the Reconyx.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience, I literally spent $500 in junk cameras over the course of a couple years only to be frustrated with the poor quality of picture, the limited number of pictures and the poor battery life. And never was satisfied with any of them and had several break within that time period. Once I bought a Reconyx, I realized how sorry everything else was. I would have been money ahead, way ahead, if I would have just buckled down and bought the Reconyx to begin with.

The OP mentioned that he already wasted some money on cameras that didn't do what he needed and/or were broken. So, once he buys two or three of the others mentioned here and they don't perform or don't last, well, he shoulda bought the Reconyx.

well honestly spending $30 on each camera honestly looking at it now I should have expected it to not do everything I wanted it to do.
But saying the $500 trail camera is better I don't know but I personally would like to see some pictures taken with it from actual usage and be able to compare it with other trail cameras such as said truth cam 35 and 46. I don't wanna see some staged photos or photos of deer that are used to the trail cameras.

that is about the best way I can see and compare a $500 camera to a $100 camera. sure theory says the $500 should be better(better be for the price). But I bet the real difference shows itself at night and honestly I don't need a perfect picture at night.
and would much rather suffer a little pic quality and be able to buy 2 cameras instead of 1.

Like I previously said IF I spend $500+ on 1 Camera and then try to explain that I need 2 cameras. I can promise you that things will not go over well in my household. It's all I can do to talk her into another gun at times.

Everyone needs to post up a few pics like 2-3 at least one being a night photo. and what kind of camera used. that way a comparison can be done.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought two - a Spy Point IR-7, so far it looks like a great deal. Also a PlotWatcher Pro. The plot watcher I bought, so I can get pics in the woods of deer passin through. (the trigger on most are too slow)

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone needs to post up a few pics like 2-3 at least one being a night photo. and what kind of camera used. that way a comparison can be done.

Here you go:

Daytime pic from Primos Truth Cam 35 Ultra, Paid $100.00 for it at Academy

i915.photobucket.com_albums_ac353_CESooner_Picture428.jpg

Nighttime Pic from Truth Cam 35 Ultra:

i915.photobucket.com_albums_ac353_CESooner_Picture362.jpg

Daytime Pic from Bushnell Trail Cam 5 mp -Paid $120.00 at Natchez Shooting Sports

i915.photobucket.com_albums_ac353_CESooner_Picture051.jpg

Nighttime pic from same Bushnell
i915.photobucket.com_albums_ac353_CESooner_DeerAugust2011055.jpg

I really like the Primos and the Bushnell's I have, they have been great cameras, the AA batteries last a long time and neither has caused me any trouble over the last 3-4 years. And they stay out out all year long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom