Good way to remove lettering from AR receiver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a YHM upper that is marked for 6.8SPC. I've since bought a complete RRA 6.8. Wondering how to remove the white lettering without screwing up the finish too much? I mean, I could sandpaper it... just wondering if there's a trick, like using an alcohol wipe on sharpies, etc. Anyone? Will pain thinner/turpentine work? Essentially the same, I assume, as the T markings?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good tips. Thanks guys. I had held onto this upper in the hopes of building a 6.8 and would be nice to have it marked for that from the factory, but since I bought my complete 6.8, I thought I'd just remove the marking and use it as a standard AR upper.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The YHM website says they're laser etched. If so, you can't remove it. might be best to trade with someone who wants a 6.8 marked upper.

Hmmm... I'll have to look closer at it. On cursory inspection it just looks painted. Lemme go check... trading might be problematic. Not a lot of people looking to build 6.8 these days. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom