GOP Debate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is going to win the debate

• Christie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rubio

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Carson

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Walker

• Trump

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Bush

• Huckabee

• Cruz

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Paul

• Kasich

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully retirement, but at the rate these idiots in DC and the oligarchs who own them are running this country into the ground? I just don't know anymore... :(

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an excellent opportunity for Cruz and Paul distance themselves from the rinos, sadly the trump circus will probably dominate the whole thing.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No idea and at this point it does not really make much difference because the election is still over a year away. Some will rise and many will fall before the year is out.

The Donald will have to give real answers instead of sound bites, Bush, Rubio, and Cruz are expected to do OK. Walker is usually fairly quite so I do not know how he will do.

Since FOX is hosting I do not expect a bunch of lefty gotcha questions but I hope some tough questions on big government, cutting waste, foreign policy, immigration, etc.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No idea and at this point it does not really make much difference because the election is still over a year away. Some will rise and many will fall before the year is out.

The Donald will have to give real answers instead of sound bites, Bush, Rubio, and Cruz are expected to do OK. Walker is usually fairly quite so I do not know how he will do.

Since FOX is hosting I do not expect a bunch of lefty gotcha questions but I hope some tough questions on big government, cutting waste, foreign policy, immigration, etc.

There are already rumblings that FOX will go after Trump in the debate. Megyn Kelly questioned Cruz over whether he had a "deal" with Trump on the debate. She's got a bit of a hard on to damage Trump, which makes sense considering her position as Aile's golden girl.

Whether all of this is true, or merely a pre-emptive tactic by Trump to derail any attempt to damage him is open to debate. What isn't open to debate is how well Trump has flipped the script on the media and the GOP. Even if you dislike him intensely, you have to admit he's been the best tactician so far.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are already rumblings that FOX will go after Trump in the debate. Megyn Kelly questioned Cruz over whether he had a "deal" with Trump on the debate. She's got a bit of a hard on to damage Trump, which makes sense considering her position as Aile's golden girl.

Whether all of this is true, or merely a pre-emptive tactic by Trump to derail any attempt to damage him is open to debate. What isn't open to debate is how well Trump has flipped the script on the media and the GOP. Even if you dislike him intensely, you have to admit he's been the best tactician so far.

Actually I will admit he is doing pretty good in the polls but there is a very good chance it will not last to much longer even without the debates. Gingrich and Perry in 2011/2012 were very similar and as Powerline pointed out today that lasted about 40 days. As far as the debates go, I do not think Trump has ANY debate experience so he is going to try and paint his failings as attacks from others and many will buy it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/08/will-trump-go-thump.php

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I will admit he is doing pretty good in the polls but there is a very good chance it will not last to much longer even without the debates. Gingrich and Perry in 2011/2012 were very similar and as Powerline pointed out today that lasted about 40 days. As far as the debates go, I do not think Trump has ANY debate experience so he is going to try and paint his failings as attacks from others and many will buy it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/08/will-trump-go-thump.php

If so, he won't be doing anything different than every other candidate.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If so, he won't be doing anything different than every other candidate.

That is true. They all want to blame someone else for anything that goes wrong.

On a side note, Sanders is gaining on Hillary in NH. Mrs Clinton my not be the shoe in so many thought. Also have any of you noticed how hard her campaign is working to distance her from the Clinton name? It is always "Hillary" not Hillary Clinton. Worried about her baggage from Mr Bill's term maybe?

Latest posts

Top Bottom