Got a call from the Amarillo Texas Police Dept. !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a big screen stolen once and the cops brought it back a year later. They were happy to bust a theft ring, I would have been happier to have gotten a gun back (even though one wasnt taken). Glad your property is making it back to you.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the '70's, I drove an 18-wheeler and was living in Amarillo. My dad and I had both bought some CB radios and had them where we could switch from the 18-wheeler to our pickups. Dad's was stolen out of his pickup one time. We reported it and informed the police officer that we had etched Dad's SSAN number on the inside of the case.

When this guy was picked up with several radios in his trunk, he explained that he "worked on" radios and the ones he had were ones that he needed to repair. Dad's was in there and what made them suspicious of the guy was that the serial number had been "scratched out." They called me (Dad was out of town on his truck) and I went down, took a screwdriver and opened the case and there was Dad's SSAN. They informed us that the SSAN being there was all the evidence that they had that the perpetrator had stolen goods.

Come to find out, they also found most of the other owners, although they had a harder time "identifying" their stolen property.

And, like the others, Kudos for helping someone out.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me: really officer we are just friends. Officer: yea, then what's her name? And where does she live? Me: I always called her by a nickname bunny and she lives over there on uh uh uh that street where those houses are !!! Lol

It was always "Who? Me man?". No one else around at all...Was interesting being the Fuzz...

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a letter yesterday from an ATF agent in Hawaii. It seems that a Sig I purchased from a Stillwell pawn shop at a Tulsa gun show, has turned up at a crime scene there. Can I use the boating accident answer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom