Got a call from the Amarillo Texas Police Dept. !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine who had a auto parts store in Hominy had his .45 stolen during a break in. Some time later it was on TV the police in Tulsa had recovered the gun from some gang bangers and it tied back to a burglary in Hominy and there was even a picture of the pistol on Channel 6's web site. This has been years ago and to my knowledge the owner never got it back. Says a lot about the PD in Amarillo and Tulsa.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a motorcycle wreck back in 91. Saddle bags busted to crap I had the officer secure my .380 that was in the bags as I was being carted of to the hospital. TPD gave it back to me, minus the ammo they said they didn't return firearms and ammo on the same day. I had to go back to get my ammo the next day, minus the 2 rounds they fired for ballistics.

In 99 my former boss loaned me some money against a colt and was hanging on to it, His business got broken into, the guy was caught and TCSO recovered my pistol. They gave it back to me as soon as I filled out my paperwork and presented them with my receipt from the original purchase proving it was mine.

Don't know about now but it used to be relatively easy to get your firearm back.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made me LOL... lower half of the Republic of Oklahoma

. Glad you got your gun back in good shape.
I wonder how hard to find, expensive the mags are for those?
Already found a new mag. from a friend that is going to trade me another mag. he needs for it!! The gun has been well used in the last 9 years but not abused. Blue is thin in spots but still tight!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom