got broken in to today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you report it the SN should go into a database. I am pretty sure there is a waiting period for pawn shops to sell certain items. In Tulsa I am pretty sure one of the pawn tickets gets sent to the PD to bounce off the database. The Sooner State Pawn guy is on here plenty and he can explain it better than any of us.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use dropbox on my smartphone so it copies all the pictures to the internet account, then I take pictures of my guns , 1 wide picture then a close up of the serial number.

Learned to do this after I had a memory card fail once and lost a year of pictures.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No idea where you got this info exactly, but pawnbrokers don't own stolen things. One only has title to an item the same as the person they bought it from. If the police positively ID stolen property, they are obligated to recover it. I don't know at what point the owner gets it back. The pawn shop that bought it is just out the money they loaned or paid for it, because they don't have ownership of something that the seller didn't have the right to sell. I've been in court before for the stolen property docket, and the judge makes it very clear that it doesn't matter that you paid for something, if it's stolen, you don't have ownership of the item.

I agree and thought that was the way. A guy at work was broken into and a shotgun among other items were stolen. The gun shows up on pawn shop shelf 6 weeks later. He shows a picture of gun and serial number, along with police report to broker. Broker told him he could get teh gun back for what pawn shop paid + 10%. The guy calls police and waits for PD to arrive, goes through the whole speil again. Officer tells him the broker is correct. He may be full of crap but that was the story he told.

green_machine2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not even all that worried about the shotgun. more worried about the tiny fireproof safe(worthless) that had important papers. I guess they 'thought' it had a gun inside. if the BG was caught, I would give the shotgun+? to whoever reported him\them. ;)

green_machine2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
and I just found out who did it!! a damn meth head I used to work with. and currently serving time for other crap he did. now I guess wait till Monday toget in touch with authorities... what a relief, I was starting to think it was a neighbor.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No idea where you got this info exactly, but pawnbrokers don't own stolen things. One only has title to an item the same as the person they bought it from. If the police positively ID stolen property, they are obligated to recover it. I don't know at what point the owner gets it back. The pawn shop that bought it is just out the money they loaned or paid for it, because they don't have ownership of something that the seller didn't have the right to sell. I've been in court before for the stolen property docket, and the judge makes it very clear that it doesn't matter that you paid for something, if it's stolen, you don't have ownership of the item.

your wrong.
The pawn shops has a financial intrest in the item and due to a court ruling from the late 80's hae a right to expect to recoup their loss

Latest posts

Top Bottom