Got cataracts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure to discuss exactly how you want to be able to see when it's done. There are several alternatives.

I'll bet you have had some steroids. Doc told me "steroids plus cataracts = fertilizer + weeds."

You can actually see your cataracts if you will put a tiny pin hole in a piece of foil, hold it up close to your eye and look at a fairly bright featureless area such as the sky. My right one looked like a cornflake made of crystal, and the left one looked like tree roots. Nobody believes me, but it works.

When you are done, you will see colors better than you have In a long time.

This is the doc who did mine nearly three years ago: http://www.mercy.net/doctor/jay-carter-johnston-md

I see very well now.

He did mine and my wife's. She was very satisfied. Me not so much.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had mine done in 2010. Got to where everything was in a haze. I only had it bad in one eye, but wound up having both done because having one 20/25 eye and one 20/200 eye drove me crazy. Get them matching whether they're both bad or not.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, time for an update. Left eye was done last Monday, Sept 8. It is awesome. Right eye gets done Sept 22. Already, I do not have to wear glasses anymore. I can actually see! I can't wait to get the right eye fixed now, wow, if you even think u have cataracts, get it looked at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep telling ya, it's not cataracts. It's S@#$ in your eyes from having your head up your A@# all these years.
How are you doing Joel? Call me for lunch, I'm free Wens and Thur.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, time for an update. Left eye was done last Monday, Sept 8. It is awesome. Right eye gets done Sept 22. Already, I do not have to wear glasses anymore. I can actually see! I can't wait to get the right eye fixed now, wow, if you even think u have cataracts, get it looked at!

I fully understand. Going into my surgery, I was 20-400. After having the first eye done on a Friday, we went down to the surgeon for the follow-up exam the next day and I was able to read a sign (granted, a big banner) on a building almost 1/4 mile away. It just gets better from here.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's all done! Left eye got fixed on Sept 8 and right eye was done on Monday the 22. Dang! I can't believe how much more I can see now ! I am really pleased to have had this done. I can't wait to try my new eyeballs out at the range.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it's all done! Left eye got fixed on Sept 8 and right eye was done on Monday the 22. Dang! I can't believe how much more I can see now ! I am really pleased to have had this done. I can't wait to try my new eyeballs out at the range.

Glad you're doing good!! You and piston10 need to get your arises out to another eat and shoot ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom