Got Me A Shield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let us know how they work out for ya! I'm always looking for an even more comfortable IWB holster ... If I stick with this gun thing as long as GC has been at it, I'll have a box o' holsters to rival any guy ... :D

I carry a full sized 1911 in a Banshee IWB from Wrights and it is really comfortable. They are a bit pricey but they are extremely well made and look nice. You should check them out.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a full sized 1911 in a Banshee IWB from Wrights and it is really comfortable. They are a bit pricey but they are extremely well made and look nice. You should check them out.

OK, I'll do that. Thanks for the tip. I've tried to carry my full-sized Colt 1911 IWB several times but it always winds up in the SOB because I'm just too friggin' short-waisted to make it work. Kinda uncomfortable to have the grip of your gun up under your armpit ... :P But ... I was in a situation once where a co-worker grabbed me from behind and the gun I was carrying SOB was worse than useless ... Couldn't get to it to save my life. Thank God I had my GSD, Jackie, God rest her soul, with me ...

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1711.jpg
    IMG_1711.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 128

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's less about the size of the gun and more about my curvy than most guys' figure ... You guys tend to be longer-waisted and more straight up and down ... But ... I'm tempted to order one and see if it works for me. I mean really ... what's one more holster?!?!? :D

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Shield is a small gun that screams "tuck me away". The DeSantis Gunhide Sof-Tuk works just fine in that regard. The holster is inside the pants and allows you to "tuck" your shirt over the gun for easy concealment with a tucked in shirt. Access is not as quick as some holsters BUT it allows you to carry when you might otherwise not do so. Not a fancy holster but functional, of excellent quality and cost effective. Available in both left and right hand. It's real leather too, which is a major comfort factor for IWB carry.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its almost impossible to reholster, so keep that in mind... ;)

The Shield is a small gun that screams "tuck me away". The DeSantis Gunhide Sof-Tuk works just fine in that regard. The holster is inside the pants and allows you to "tuck" your shirt over the gun for easy concealment with a tucked in shirt. Access is not as quick as some holsters BUT it allows you to carry when you might otherwise not do so. Not a fancy holster but functional, of excellent quality and cost effective. Available in both left and right hand. It's real leather too, which is a major comfort factor for IWB carry.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Crossbreed Mini-Tuck and a Blade-Tech Nano, which are both IWB and are both excellent. The Shield is so small and flat that IWB is a breeze.

I also have a Kydex Pancake made by a new company, K-Rounds. I like it a lot as well. I don't have a picture handy but it is similar to this one.

sig-saurr-250-pancake-front-concealment.jpg

I can bring holsters to the next FBT event.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its almost impossible to reholster, so keep that in mind... ;)
The Sof-Tuk does have an extra piece of leather sewn around the top of the holster, so it won't go flat. Is it the holster I would choose to go to the range to do lots of quick presentations and subsequent many reholsterings? No. Is it the holster I'd choose to go shoot an IDPA match with an ISP rig? No; I'd get a Sparks Summer Special II or a DeSantis Cozy Partner for that.

For most guns the Sparks is the best choice but the Cozy Partner is an excellent choice for several. I don't like the Cozy Partner to carry a 1911 5" nor a Glock 19. It's great for a Glock 17 or a Glock 30.

The DeSantis is the holster I want to provide comfortable concealment in the shirt "tuck" mode. I'm not likely to need to re-holster quickly if events require the use the Shield. My primary goal is to able to comfortably carry the Shield under excellent concealment, while allowing relatively quick access to it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom