Ladies Rolex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should be ashamed, nothing wrong with buying one and definitely not overrated...You came out 4x ahead, right? Definitely not overrated or a waste of $$ by the sound of it.

I like him...he has a dry wit. All his watches are appropriately priced too.
I hear what your saying. What I meant was I don't think Rolex is a good value, how much of what you pay is ego? They don't keep better time, they should be serviced, and they will degrade sitting in your safe. What is so good about them? Yeah I got 4x what I paid, but the time span, I owned that watch for 40 years, appreciation or inflation? I just judge things by value. I went in to have the watch rebuilt, just an Oyster date just in stainless, and I declined, he said if you want to let it go here's what I'll give you. Well I took it over to a pawn shop buddy, and he says there is no way I would give that much, there is a reason he wants that watch, if you want to sell it, this is it. A few days later I went back to Charley and asked if the offer was still good, he said sure, put a stack of 100's on the counter, and I never looked back.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking specifically for Rolex, just FYI they began a certified pre-owned program this year. Not sure if any Oklahoma AD's are fully operational yet, but it would be worth looking into. You might read up on their website and see if you can find a place to shop around for one. They come certified as authentic, and Rolex backs each used watch with a two year factory warranty.

You might contact BC Clarks in OKC (locations in Downtown & Classen I believe are the Rolex AD's) and see if they are already up and running with Rolex's factory certified used program.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I hear what your saying. What I meant was I don't think Rolex is a good value, how much of what you pay is ego? They don't keep better time, they should be serviced, and they will degrade sitting in your safe. What is so good about them? Yeah I got 4x what I paid, but the time span, I owned that watch for 40 years, appreciation or inflation? I just judge things by value. I went in to have the watch rebuilt, just an Oyster date just in stainless, and I declined, he said if you want to let it go here's what I'll give you. Well I took it over to a pawn shop buddy, and he says there is no way I would give that much, there is a reason he wants that watch, if you want to sell it, this is it. A few days later I went back to Charley and asked if the offer was still good, he said sure, put a stack of 100's on the counter, and I never looked back.
I corrected my post to shouldn't.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was picking up a jewelry repair today and noticed a REALLY pretty Rolex. Got me thinking “that sure would look pretty on the Mrs wrist”. 😬 I hightailed it out of there before I cracked and asked to see it. My guess is a jewelry store in Lawton is likely not the best place to be buying an expensive watch…..at least not the one I found myself standing in sure wasn’t. They charged me $68 just to solder on a clasp-loop for my wife’s gold necklace she managed to break drying off after a shower.
Problem is the wheels are still turning on this one so thought I’d ask my OSA buddies if you have any suggestions, advice and direction on where I might find a trusted source for a possible purchase?? Every now and then a guy has to treat the lady in his life with a special gift. That way she doesn’t look to closely when that Krieghoff Drilling finds its way into the gun safe. 🫣
Hey listen, my remarks were not meant to discourage you from buying your wife a Rolex, if she appreciates something like that, it definitely has good value for you.They are beautiful. But be careful, there are a lot of fakes out there. I would definitely go to Watches Etc, I didn't find Charley likeable, but I did think he was honest, that's the important thing.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mrs dlbleak likes to go try on some ‘girlie’ Rolexes. They’re used but blingy. The prices are more than fair IMO
surDarlene starts drooling about 2 miles away when she knows that's where we're going. I mean hangs her head out the window, howls, drags her butt across the car seat and everything.
If any of you repeat this, I will photoshop you sniffing Bidens hair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom