P320 X5 blemish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjtmri

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got this brand new but someone wasn’t nice to it. Do I send it back to Sig or request some sort of refund? I’m thinking 15-20% for a refund. It doesn’t bother me all that much but kinda crappy for that much of a blemish. Just curious of y’all’s thoughts. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8623.jpeg
    IMG_8623.jpeg
    945.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8621.jpeg
    IMG_8621.jpeg
    943.1 KB · Views: 0

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20% refund for a scratch? Sure, go ahead and ask Sig for that.

I'm curious, when you were looking the weapon over, matching the serial number up to the box and paperwork, did you notice that scratch? If so, why did you not stop then?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the time to bring up the scratch was at the time of the sale; if you accepted it with that scratch, that’s on you.

That said, I’d ask SIG what they can do to fix it. They very well might fix it for you under warranty, although they have no obligation to do so, considering that it’s damage, not a defect in materials or assembly.

rjtmri

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20% refund for a scratch? Sure, go ahead and ask Sig for that.

I'm curious, when you were looking the weapon over, matching the serial number up to the box and paperwork, did you notice that scratch? If so, why did you not stop then?

Yes, I noticed but I don’t see how the seller is responsible for how it came from the factory?

They’ve already offered to return it for repair or replace, was just curious what my fellow shooters would do so thanks.

rjtmri

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the time to bring up the scratch was at the time of the sale; if you accepted it with that scratch, that’s on you.

That said, I’d ask SIG what they can do to fix it. They very well might fix it for you under warranty, although they have no obligation to do so, considering that it’s damage, not a defect in materials or assembly.
Thank you

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Sig will probably send someone to your house to personally laugh in your face after asking for a 20% refund for a scratch that you didn’t catch on the pre purchase inspection.

That’s at least what HK would do.

Like stated above, the time to see these things and ask for discounts is before the sale, when you piddle around with it waiting for the 4473 to come back, before you pay for it.

One thing you could do is ask them if they would consider fixing the finish. They just might do it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they say they won’t.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would chalk it up as a learning experience to speak up about these kinds of issues before completing the sale. It doesn’t effect function and at the end of the day it’s a tool not a work of art. If you use it it’s going to get finish wear eventually anyways.

rjtmri

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Sig will probably send someone to your house to personally laugh in your face after asking for a 20% refund for a scratch that you didn’t catch on the pre purchase inspection.

That’s at least what HK would do.

Like stated above, the time to see these things and ask for discounts is before the sale, when you piddle around with it waiting for the 4473 to come back, before you pay for it.

One thing you could do is ask them if they would consider fixing the finish. They just might do it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they say they won’t.
Boy, tough crowd in here.

It was bought online so there was no piddling around.

rjtmri

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would chalk it up as a learning experience to speak up about these kinds of issues before completing the sale. It doesn’t effect function and at the end of the day it’s a tool not a work of art. If you use it it’s going to get finish wear eventually anyways.
Learning experience indeed and thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom