Got the game warden called on me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have every right to have an unloaded rifle in your vehicle nemesis. I happened to have taken mine out this weekend and didn't have it with me. I'm not sure how other people see that, but to me, it is a tool, much like a pocket knife or pair of pliers. Both of which I never go without. Just because you are equipped to roadhunt, does not mean you are.

It's just that when you don't have a rifle with you, It's inconceivable that you could be road hunting. And If you do have one, It's much harder to convince mr. warden that your not roadhunting. especially after you have been reported.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good story... I was really hoping you were gonna say that the guy that called the GW on you had been apprehended for shooting the decoy that the GW had set up.

Now that would be funny....

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good story... I was really hoping you were gonna say that the guy that called the GW on you had been apprehended for shooting the decoy that the GW had set up.

Now that would be funny....

Now, being that I was doing nothing wrong, had permission to be on the land, and was at no fault, there was a brief moment that I thought if I saw that decoy out there, I'm just gonna hop the fence, charge the decoy, and just rodeo that bastard around the meadow. Get up there and see if I can hang on for 8 seconds before the GW's threw my ass to the ground. What could they do? haha

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be SOL in the same situation. I always have a rifle in the truck. Detachable box mag stays loaded in the ash tray though. I've heard arguments that that is considered a loaded weapon, but I've been stopped by the HP and GW and neither have mentioned it.
Don't mean to hijack the thread.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be SOL in the same situation. I always have a rifle in the truck. Detachable box mag stays loaded in the ash tray though. I've heard arguments that that is considered a loaded weapon, but I've been stopped by the HP and GW and neither have mentioned it.

Best check the law. I know that at one time, available ammo made it the same as a loaded weapon. I suspect the officers assessed you as a non threat and cut you some slack. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones96761

Best check the law. I know that at one time, available ammo made it the same as a loaded weapon. I suspect the officers assessed you as a non threat and cut you some slack. CB

Maybe we need to discuss this a little.

Every month our company has a safety meeting for the employees. Last year we had Capt Tracy Daniels of the ODW as a guest speaker, give us a safety talk about firearms as it was coming up on deer gun season.

When he asked for questions from the audience, a guy asked what what was considered to be a loaded weapon in the vehicle.
He told us that a mag could be loaded but not inserted into the weapon.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. Same safety meeting about gun safety, and GW Larry Green,(osage county) of ODW gave us a gun safety presentation.

Again, the loaded weapon question came up.
He said the mag had to be unloaded.

I don't have time right now to look for the legal ruling, but maybe somebody has that info available?

Latest posts

Top Bottom