gravity feed deer feeders???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my experience, gravity feeders have less feed waste and pretty much eliminate feeding pigs and raccoons. I’ve got an All Season and three Boss Bucks, and they work well for me.
So coons can't get in them. ill have to look at getting one. how long does a fill last and how many pounds.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So coons can't get in them. ill have to look at getting one. how long does a fill last and how many pounds.
I said it pretty much eliminates coons, and the ones that do find a way to get on the drop tube really have to work for what they get.
If you suspend PVC pipe on the legs with cables, it further helps deter coons and squirrels.

As far as how long the feed will last, that depends on your deer herd. The deer here in east TX can go at least a couple weeks on 350 lbs, but the deer at my place up there can eat 2000# in 12 day which is why I had to put timers on the protein feeders.
IMG_1647.jpeg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I said it pretty much eliminates coons, and the ones that do find a way to get on the drop tube really have to work for what they get.
If you suspend PVC pipe on the legs with cables, it further helps deter coons and squirrels.

As far as how long the feed will last, that depends on your deer herd. The deer here in east TX can go at least a couple weeks on 350 lbs, but the deer at my place up there can eat 2000# in 12 day which is why I had to put timers on the protein feeders.
View attachment 393373
Thanks i think ill look into one with a timer ! Don't think i have Deer like some of you all.. but i have got a few nice ones on camera since i leased this place a couple years ago.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot tell you how many deer I have shot over one ofthe plain old stump feeders. Idk if they are more acceptable as “natural”, but just the plain Jane ones have worked well. That or a broadcast are the only ones I use now.

Regards,

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one ASF 2000 lb., low profile gravity feeder on skids and one ASF 1000 lb. corn broadcast feeder inside of a hog pen. I only have one camera going now (long story), but the deer seem to like gravity feed much better than jumping a hog fence to get corn. The coons mostly eat what the deer dribble on the ground, but at least one has figured out how to get inside the chute. There is an adjustable plate held on with wing nuts inside each chute. I see about one hog every two weeks walk by this one.
RCNX0943.JPG

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so? how do these work? the deer wiggle the feeder and it drops feed? or is there a device that opens and closes?
No wiggling. The feed is in tube free choice on the feeder in my picture. My Boss Bucks with timers have an opening/closing plate that drops feed at set times.
IMG_1648.jpeg

IMG_1649.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom