Great Day With The Old Man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my 71 year old dad to H&H today. We haven't been there together since I was a kid, and it was on N.W. 10th. We had a great time!

He hasn't fired a gun since then, and last year decided he needed a 9mm. My step mother, who is not a gun person at all bought him a Glock 17 for Christmas with a little help from me, and fellow OSA member BadKarma. That little 17 is so dainty feeling compared to my big ole XD. I can't imagine why you'd want anything smaller.

We killed the DOE targets until we'd had enough killing for one day, then went to Erma's for a burger and a drive around the old neighborhood. It was a great time.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That does sound like a great day, and good on y'all for getting him a gun he enjoys.

Not to be a kill joy, but my pop died years ago, and I still remember the last time we went shooting.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds great!! Those are the time's you always remember. I got to shoot with my Dad this last Christmas. Took out the M1 Carbine I gave him last Christmas, and killed a few pumpkin's!!

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you like HFS my dad died a few years back but I got some pics of him shooting my 41 mag at dusk with a huge 296 fire ball. enjoy the moment

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was very interested in muzzle flash, and got a kick out of it. He was certain his shorter Glock had less than my XD. He's funny.

Now he needs an AR15. He hasn't shot one of those since the 1960s, when he wore a lot more olive drab than he does now. Probably a 603. I believe he went in in 1964, or 65. I think I'll see if he wants me to bring one next time. He likes to look at them when he visits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom