Great love for 1960 era muscle cars engines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the big block Chevy engines but the fastest street car I ever drove was a '69 Chevelle with a 350 "solid lifter roller motor" in it. I don't know all the specs but it was crazy fast.

The car was built by a friend's older brother that gave it to him when he went into the Marines. My friend didn't like driving it in town because it had a Muncie 4 speed that was a pain to shift.

I was only fifteen at the time but he always let me drive it while cruising in town on the weekends and I got to take it out on the highway now and then to blow the doors off of some of the local street rods.

It got a little too much traction on a launch one time, while my friend was driving, and twisted the drive shaft out of it. The U-joints didn't give but the driveshaft itself twisted in two. That's some serious torque.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably the most impressive factory car I got to actually drive was a '70 Mach 1 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland 4BBL and of course, a 4 speed. That car just had "all the business".

It belonged to a friend of my auto body teacher in high school vo-tech and I got to take it to the car wash unsupervised. What a mistake that was! We only had it in to replace the factory stripping decals on it as it was pristine except for that. The kid paired up with me ended up being a top fuel dragster crew chief and last I heard still was, just so you know it wasn't only me! Probably the coolest teacher I had because he didn't kill us when we came back grinning from ear to ear and giggling like girls...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really Rick? did ever own a Mustang 2?

My first car was a 65 Mustang (6 banger) and later I had a 69 convertible for a short while. Never a 2.

I just loved the Elite for road trips. Plus it did have enough speed for what I need. Closed up shop one night and taking the deposit to the bank. Car followed me from the store parking lot. Kept following me and was not the cops. I took them for a little night time site seeing tour out east of Edmond. As we got faster they got a air time over one of the old wood bridges. They bottomed out hard while just sailed away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom