Great love for 1960 era muscle cars engines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T with original disc brakes, 440 4bbl, auto, 3.23 posi 2 door hardtop, silver with blk vinyl roof. I bought it new in 1967, wore it out and restored in when I moved to Oklahoma. It does not have AC, so it has less than 5K miles since the restoration. I drive it for a few days after I service it each year, but motly it just sits covered in my garage. Frankly, nobody in my family is interested in having it, and I'd rather sell it before I die to somebody who appreciates it. No idea how to go about selling it while isolating from the pandemic.
Very nice! We need pictures!

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T with original disc brakes, 440 4bbl, auto, 3.23 posi 2 door hardtop, silver with blk vinyl roof. I bought it new in 1967, wore it out and restored in when I moved to Oklahoma. It does not have AC, so it has less than 5K miles since the restoration. I drive it for a few days after I service it each year, but motly it just sits covered in my garage. Frankly, nobody in my family is interested in having it, and I'd rather sell it before I die to somebody who appreciates it. No idea how to go about selling it while isolating from the pandemic.

Not sure what your wanting to get out of it but you can try bringatrailer.com or even Facebook Marketplace.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
easy, just sell it to me for $5000.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother owned 2 GTO’s back in the 70’s.
A 66 (389) & 68 (400). If you want to see him cry, ask him why he sold them....

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 70 1/2 camaro and my brother had a 69 chevelle convertible at the same time. I’m pissed that we never took a pic of the cars together. If fact, I’m pissed that I didn’t take more pics of my cars in general. Here’s my daily my junior and senior years of high school. Sold it to continue my college edumication.
40103DE0-0CA4-4687-9B12-0884D985A515.jpeg

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are definitely in a modern muscle car era...The old generation has the style and character...the new generation has the technology that allows them to do things that old school can only dream about.

My favorite is when someone resto mods an old 60s/70s vehicle with a modern drivetrain. my father in law has a 69 road runner that he bought a wrecked srt-8 charger and swapped the drivetrain into it...ran 12s at thunder valley and can drive it across country getting 20mpg with the ac blowin... beyond clean. his good friend has a 66 nova with a new supercharged vette LT4 and 10 speed auto running 10s...also drives it across country on the power tour getting 22+ mpg. these cars are nuts.

J7pLXqQ.jpg

JiqUDiO.jpg

gW6OWt1.jpg

xP4vqnl.jpg
Can you show the brakes and suspension?

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking at '70 Chevelles. I'm a little concerned that I might get "snookered" because I don't know a clone from a real one. I've seen a few clones of '70 Chevelles that were supposed to be the SS but weren't. So, I don't know whether to go to an auction and get caught up in the "moment" or look for one at a car store.

Also to paraphrase Jay Leno: Buy a classic for $40k, put 20K in it and sell it for $30K..........That's what concerns me.

Anyone do business or know of these guys??................Mershon's????

Click on it...scroll down to 70 Chevelles
https://www.mershons.com/other-classics

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
shoot these days you can buy a wrecked 2000's 2500hd chevy, yank the 6.0/4L80E, put a chinese GT45 turbo kit on it with some injectors and valve springs and it will be too fast for most people...like 700+ whp...
I'd love to see a Godzilla and 10 speed out of a new truck dropped into a 69 Mustang Fastback.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to see a Godzilla and 10 speed out of a new truck dropped into a 69 Mustang Fastback.
I've got the Godzilla W/10 speed in my new 2020 F250 with 4:30 gears. 430 hp hits that 95 mph speed limiter really quick! Aftermarket tune/headers, etc I've see reports of it on a dyno putting out a whole lot of HP. Bolt on a Whipple Super Charger and your looking at over 700 hp with almost double the torque.
I saw a report the other day Ford is coming out with a megazilla in the 450-460 hp range stock to possibly drop into a raptor and maybe a mustang although they keep denying the Mustang will get it.
Edit: That 10 speed auto is the cream of the crop. Hands down better than any auto tranny I've ever had.

Last edited:

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you show the brakes and suspension?
no pictures but i know it was a complete frame off deal with modern rack & pinion steering, adjustable suspension, literally everything man.

the little details are the best...in order to keep the factory cable driven speedometer (wont work with modern electric tranny) they installed a GPS with cable to register the vehicle speed and move the speedo accordingly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom