Greetings from Elgin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xombie75

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was running around the dark corners of the inter webs looking for a bolt replacement for a Marlin Model 80 DL when I happened across this forum. I had no clue there was a forum for OK. So here I am hope to meet some good people here maybe find somebody to shoot with on a weekend or something. I'm currently stationed at FT Sill. I've been in Oklahoma for about 5 years now. I've been a hunter for most of my life. Grew up in the country on an old school self sustaining farm. I'm currently recovering from back surgery and I'm trapped in my house for most of the day right now going out of my mind. I just saved a badly cared for Finn M39 from a gruesome retirement while I'm recovering. Oh well I'm rambling so I'll leave it at that.

Xombie75

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I have not yet. I've found that I could buy a complete gun for the price of the bolt. The gun however belonged to my Grandad so it's more of a sentimental thing. I just keep hoping. I refuse to go through eBay though which makes it more difficult.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
Howdy!

The bolts for Marlin 80, 25 (old style) and Glenfield 20 rifles are all the same - unless you have the really old style. If your trigger guard is bent steel - you have the really old style. If it is chromed steel or plastic - you have the newer old style that is compatible with the model 20 and 25s. [The new model 25 .22s use a different magazine than the old style]

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Xombie75

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Numrich never has the bolt for any of the models I could use. As far as model interchangeably, that's what I've been crawling the web for. I think I may have found one that will work. Hopefully I didn't make a $50 mistake, but if I did at least it's $50 and not the $100 average these dang things cost. Mtnboomer just spit out more model interchange knowledge than two weeks of questions in the Rimfirecentral Marlin Bolt action forum could achieve. I'm impressed! You know your Marlins!

Latest posts

Top Bottom