Gotta admit, I've never understood the point of "New Member Introductions"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Physocles

Marksman
Reaction score
Welcome from Lake Lawtonka. I’m newer myself and to answer your question…..I suppose the purpose of the intro section depends on what type of person you are and what type of member you expect to be. You’ve joined a group of good folks that are all a bunch of friends (well mostly 😂) and if you want to make friends you really need to help us get to know you. If you are simply looking for info on a specific gun and don’t plan on hanging around then I guess I could see how you would find it useless. Hopefully you plan on being a regular and sticking around for a while.

I find myself in the same boat @Catt57. Here’s my Crackshot standing next to a 1935 Browning Trombone. View attachment 353273P
That Browning is a gorgeous gun; I'd never heard of them before! Had a friend who collected the Crackshots, he was always tickled with them. Shame he had to sell his collection when he moved out of country.

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! It's a great community that has kept me stopping by daily. Like others have mentioned, plenty of things to discuss (not always firearm related) and for the most part everyone shows respect to each other. I have seen members step up to help others with most anything, even sell a nice hunting rifle for $1 to a new hunter. I don't think you could ask for or find a better community! Again, welcome aboard and look forward to seeing you around.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Thanks for the welcome! Have to say I've never seen so many replies to a welcome thread... Do yall just hang out and respond to the many intros? lol. Have to say, Its nice to be back on a forum with a functional reply interface. Facebook sucks and I almost gave up hope that good forums still existed.

They're my favorite! Can't beat old .22s; shame I lost so many of my grandpa's to a break in a few years ago. Do you have a favorite?
I would sell all of my firearms BUT my Marlin 39.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome

I, too, feel the intro thread is somewhat usefull, but also wasted.

Another forum I frequent has an OLD mod that 99% of his posts are "you need to post in the intro thread before asking questions or jumping onto other's posts."

I have tried to put him IGNORE, but being a mod, can't do it.

Welcome and enjoy

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, with the minimum post count to post in the classifieds section, they gotta post something to get started.

I know it used to be that way, but it may have changed. I figure I passed any minimum post count a few years ago even though I am really quiet on the forums unless I run into an issue. (By the way, thank you to everyone for helping me out when I have run into issues since I realize I am not an expert on everything.......my wife convinced me of that.)

Physocles

Marksman
Reaction score
Well, with the minimum post count to post in the classifieds section, they gotta post something to get started.

I know it used to be that way, but it may have changed. I figure I passed any minimum post count a few years ago even though I am really quiet on the forums unless I run into an issue. (By the way, thank you to everyone for helping me out when I have run into issues since I realize I am not an expert on everything.......my wife convinced me of that.)
Thankfully, they're good at that :P
The goal is to become better everyday, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom