Gotta admit, I've never understood the point of "New Member Introductions"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Physocles

Marksman
Reaction score
A Stevens Favorite? Sadly no. But I did just acquire a Crack Shot 26. LOL

In seriousness though, I have several favorites. It's hard to choose. But the short list would have to be... Any of the Savage gill-guns (Model 6 / 87A), A 1920's Pieper/Bayard Boy's rifle, Ithaca 72, Winchester 62A, Savage 29B, Remington Model 12, Marlin Lever-matic 52M, and the afore mentioned Crack Shot 26.

The Remington mod 12 is a sweet little gun--I have my grandpa's old frankenstein. I adore the 572 Fieldmaster, and really enjoy a pre-war Mauser .22 that my other grandpa left me, it's a rare .22 sized for an adult and smoooooth.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone fill me in? I'm sure they're useful for something, as most forums want you to post in one. My guess is weeding out those who sign up but never post/didn't read the directions.
I've been shooting most of my life, but have always been a wood and steel lever/bolt/pump kind of guy. What can I say, I was raised by my grandpa. Just now getting into the AR platform.
HE said WOOD !!!:laugh6:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty then , ya said howdy now shuddup and get to posting some pics of that hardware already!!!
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from Lake Lawtonka. I’m newer myself and to answer your question…..I suppose the purpose of the intro section depends on what type of person you are and what type of member you expect to be. You’ve joined a group of good folks that are all a bunch of friends (well mostly 😂) and if you want to make friends you really need to help us get to know you. If you are simply looking for info on a specific gun and don’t plan on hanging around then I guess I could see how you would find it useless. Hopefully you plan on being a regular and sticking around for a while.

A Stevens Favorite? Sadly no. But I did just acquire a Crack Shot 26. LOL

I find myself in the same boat @Catt57. Here’s my Crackshot standing next to a 1935 Browning Trombone.
A5F22EC9-235C-4075-983B-34883C5E777F.jpeg
P

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:greetings:greetings:greetings

Yeah, the intro is certainly not required, but it lets us know a little bit about you. Some folks come only to make use of the classifieds, and that's not all this place is about. You will find a ton of good info and feedback here (and some a bit questionable!) but, for the most part you will find this is a community of like-minded individuals. We sure as hell do not agree on everything, but a love of firearms in some manner ties us all together. I, too, am a wood and blued guy. Most of what I have (left after the boating accident) are bolt actions, ranging from .22 rimfires and centerfires all the way up to elephant guns. You're certain to find some folks here with similar interests, so make yourself at home and join in!

Latest posts

Top Bottom