Greg Darnell Ford in MWC closed up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have 5 lincoln suvs' on my block and no fords.I would love to have a RWD sedan but the best i have found is a 2008 mercury grand marqui with 75.000 miles.Pick ups are nice but it is a pain to dig around in a toolbox when a sedan with a trunk is very accessible.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new truck at Greg Darnell's in 2020. The sales staff was bad the finance staff was worse. I fought with them over financing and contracts for 3 weeks. Ended up having to call the Mothership Ford to get things straightened out. Bunch of lying bastards, I'm glad they're out of business

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well damn! I bought my truck from Darnell last year. They always seemed to be busy when I went there, and their garage was always full.

A big dealership from Dallas bought out Hudiburg. I wonder if the same thing happened to Darnell?
Ya Cavenders bought out Hudiburg, actually just bought a new F-150 from them last week. It’s been a nightmare so far dealing with them I would not recommend I have multiple issues I am still trying to get worked out.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where we work with our Summer jobs, they use the Ford Transit 350's for their work vans. They had ordered something like 5 or 6 of them, but Ford wasn't able to supply them, so their order was cancelled. I have to wonder if places like Amazon are buying so many that they can't supply that model to other companies.

They are also building a new showroom at Diffee Ford in El Reno. However, this showroom is to be only for the Lincoln brand. It is on the same property as Diffee's Ford dealership. I think I heard something to the effect that they (Ford) was going to limit the number of Lincoln dealerships. I need to research that idea.

They need to redo the Lincoln dealership in Edmond. If I were to buy another Lincoln, I would buy from Diffee. Good experience. Looked at a Black Label when we were looking for my wife an SUV, but she wanted midsize, looked at the Aviator (Edmond), felt too much like an Edge, couldnt justify the money, especially dealing with such a small, old dealership. Bought a Volvo, great experience, nice clean dealership, exceptional service.

As far as orders getting cancelled, it's more of a supply chain issue, retooling, etc. OCPD has had orders of 50-80 cancelled before, and this last batch of 144 they were given the option to cancel due to chip shortage, or accept the order minus rear ac controllers, and they would ship the controllers when chips were available. The city has had the cars for 7 months, and only some of the controllers have been delivered. The 23's will arrive before the 2022 MY PIU's will have been upfitted. Matter of fact, for some specialty vehicles like the unmarked traffic units the chiefs new SUV's, or detectives cars etc, they are just buying off the lot whatever color is available and whatever model is available because Ford wont even accept the order.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is something that I just found about Ford.

Ford Just Made a Stunning Announcement

I've not found anything on Lincoln except that they may be going heavily into EV's, and that Ford may require the dealerships to have available charging stations.

As for Joe Cooper Ford, he has more than one, I think. They are also building a new lot in Yukon, but I wonder if that is planned for combining his dealerships into one place.
Joe Cooper bought out Westpoint Jeep, Ram, Dodge and is building a new facility and moving it there. Westpoint is in a horrible location on Reno under the bridge and is pretty small.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joe Cooper bought out Westpoint Jeep, Ram, Dodge and is building a new facility and moving it there. Westpoint is in a horrible location on Reno under the bridge and is pretty small.

Yeah. That Westpoint location is where they wanted to hold my keys some years back when we were looking at a Jeep as a possible "Toad" to pull behind a motorhome.

mike scott

New to the site!
Reaction score
This seems weird. Greg Darnell Ford in MWC has closed up.

It seems to me that usually some business like this will get some mention on the local news media, but all I hear are crickets.

Anybody know what happened, or why?

Man oh man, I just hate to see stuff like this happen, all those jobs gone.
Iwant to know to

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grand-niece works for Reynolds in OKC. She told me that the dealership building Darnell had is still owned by Jackie Cooper. They were paying $1M per month in rent! That's why they folded. She said they got several of Darnell's mechanics after closing.

She said that Cavendars did buy out Reynolds.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grand-niece works for Reynolds in OKC. She told me that the dealership building Darnell had is still owned by Jackie Cooper. They were paying $1M per month in rent! That's why they folded. She said they got several of Darnell's mechanics after closing.

She said that Cavendars did buy out Reynolds.
Looks like JCF has changed up their service. Was reasonably priced a while back but they have changed. Probably not buying a new car in the immediate future. The ones I want all have a "dealership price adjustment attached." This goes for JCF, Cavender and even one out in the sticks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom