Greg Darnell Ford in MWC closed up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well damn! I bought my truck from Darnell last year. They always seemed to be busy when I went there, and their garage was always full.

A big dealership from Dallas bought out Hudiburg. I wonder if the same thing happened to Darnell?
" . . . their garage was always full. "

Maybe that was one of the problems 🤔

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure that transitioning a service department to cover all the electric vehicles planned would be a major expenditure that many of the smaller dealerships wouldn't be able to cover.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seth Wadley in Paul's Valley was really sticking it to people or trying to, 10,000 over sticker for "market value"
But they got cool hats

1676667079587.png

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where we work with our Summer jobs, they use the Ford Transit 350's for their work vans. They had ordered something like 5 or 6 of them, but Ford wasn't able to supply them, so their order was cancelled. I have to wonder if places like Amazon are buying so many that they can't supply that model to other companies.

They are also building a new showroom at Diffee Ford in El Reno. However, this showroom is to be only for the Lincoln brand. It is on the same property as Diffee's Ford dealership. I think I heard something to the effect that they (Ford) was going to limit the number of Lincoln dealerships. I need to research that idea.
I was looking for RWD cars awhile back and saw that Lincoln isn’t making a single model of car anymore. SUVs only.

Was hoping to find something like a Cadillac CTS with some performance features but that’s a tall order these days. To get that you are looking at euro cars and/or high end basically. Repro muscle cars or FWD is about all there is to buy. Pisses me off!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is something that I just found about Ford.

Ford Just Made a Stunning Announcement

I've not found anything on Lincoln except that they may be going heavily into EV's, and that Ford may require the dealerships to have available charging stations.

As for Joe Cooper Ford, he has more than one, I think. They are also building a new lot in Yukon, but I wonder if that is planned for combining his dealerships into one place.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's an absolute nightmare to have your vehicle torn down in the service department for a major repair, waiting on parts etc, and the place closes the doors.
When you mentioned "waiting on parts" it reminded me that the service bay at the old Montgomery Wards automotive service center in the defunct Heritage Mall in Midwest City (since 1999) still has/had a bunch of old cars parked inside 😂.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I will try and find the video, but I watched one that explained some of this. It was mainly about their EV sales and the yuge markups dealers were forcing on customers.

Didn't Tesla say the reason they didn't go the dealer route was to avoid this?

Here is something that I just found about Ford.

Ford Just Made a Stunning Announcement

I've not found anything on Lincoln except that they may be going heavily into EV's, and that Ford may require the dealerships to have available charging stations.

As for Joe Cooper Ford, he has more than one, I think. They are also building a new lot in Yukon, but I wonder if that is planned for combining his dealerships into one place.
That’s the rumor I heard a couple weeks ago about Mainer. Corporate requirements of dealers have ‘X’ amount of EV’s on the lot and the service department to match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom