Gun safe help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just my luck today, Went to get in the safe today and no power. Changed the battery a few times, no luck. Once I got the keypad off, I found a wire had came loose. I have messed with it for a few hours without any luck. I can get the wire back in, but it doesn’t give me enough power to operate the keypad.

does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? It’s a safari by cannon if that helps. I know they will replace the lock for free but won’t do much good if I can’t open it to replace it.

I’m not very good with electronics, nor do I want to have my safe drilled out.
Ignore the stickers, my son loves to decorate the safe LOL

Attachments

• ADC78CA8-DD59-4BF8-8067-62FA05EE7794.jpeg
    ADC78CA8-DD59-4BF8-8067-62FA05EE7794.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 194

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a ton of little connectors like that. If you had a much better picture of it and the counterpart on the back of the keypad I / we might be able to point you into the right direction. Measuring ... especially the pin spacing

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats why I have combos on mine. Good luck
Not a very helpful post.
“Combos” I’m going to guess that you mean mechanical? I favor them also but I hate to break it to you... they have their issues also.

OP. cannon uses crummy locks. Do a little research on the one you have and see if others have had issues with your particular version. Cannon I think offsets a lot of the locks from keypads so retrofitting a mechanical might be a no go unless your super handy and mechanically minded.

AMSEC makes a good electronic but stay clear of the esl5 series. They had a chip supplier problem a couple years back on that model.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There should be a tab holding the pin into the plug. If you can find it depending on the design you can take a small screw driver or pick and release the pin and pull it out. Solder the wire back to pin and reinsert. Or find a plug of same design and replace, a electronics store such may be able to get you or have what you need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom