Gun Show Situation, we need a ruling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you remember, Bloomberg sent a bunch of people out to do this very thing a couple of years ago to build support for the UBC.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was another of Bloomberg's agent provocateurs or some other media oriented group trying to build a case for the UBC.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would not have been a straw purchase. However, I would advise never to do business with anyone you have reason to believe is an ATF agent or narc, no matter what the circumstances.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not going to read everybody's response. But I will give another ATTA BOY!. It is my understanding that an FFL Dealer or even a private seller can refuse any gun sale. IF you feel uneasy by any statements made by a potential buyer, the sale should be refused.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The same part that made the sale illegal.

There was nothing about it that would have been illegal.

It was a private sale, as far as we know, she was not prohibited from purchasing a firearm, so the seller could have legally sold to her. It is also not illegal to buy a firearm with intent to resell it.

I thought we had established that earlier in the thread??

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was nothing about it that would have been illegal.

It was a private sale, as far as we know, she was not prohibited from purchasing a firearm, so the seller could have legally sold to her. It is also not illegal to buy a firearm with intent to resell it.

I thought we had established that earlier in the thread??
I didn't read the whole thread, sorry.
Im not worthy.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, you can't be overly cautious in that situation. As a whole, we don't need any more bad press, ensuring your vendors are crossing their I's and dotting their T's is of utmost importance, and it sounds like you did just that, in an efficient and professional manner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom