Gun Show Situation, we need a ruling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever considered hiring plainclothes security at these events? Not bouncers per se, but sharp eyed enthusiasts that are intelligent enough to spot shady dealings and anti's that are there to start trouble, yet cool headed enough to diffuse a situation before it gets out of hand?

If interested, PM me. Most of the guys I work with are ex military, and quite a few of us do security on the side.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sharp eyed enthusiasts that are intelligent enough to spot shady dealings and anti's that are there to start trouble

What does an Anti look like?? I think the people running the tables can spot a shady/illeagal deal quicker than someone walking around.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might be way off but could be someone doing a story on "gun show loophole" maybe she was felon and was sent in to buy and show how easy it is and even hinting at straw purchase. They are not going to send a male felon with face tattoos.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I tried to sell a pistol at a gun show one of the people looking at it volunteered he was from Florida.
I told him I could not sell to him. Didn't think much of it at the time, now I wonder if I was being tested.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did the right thing. It is funny how when you go against your better judgement and get nailed you kick yourself for not following it and when you do follow it you have second thoughts for not taking the risk and potentially reaping the reward.

Super_soph198

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda like alcohol service in new Mexico if in doubt better to just pass. I will say I am highly impressed at you Superdave for supporting your tables and trying to keep them in business. You have shown its not just about a dollar like some other persons shows. I was unable to go but I would be more than willing to support you any way I can. Well done sir

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr10mm;2062336[COLOR="#FF0000" said:
]It might be way off but could be someone doing a story on "gun show loophole"[/COLOR] maybe she was felon and was sent in to buy and show how easy it is and even hinting at straw purchase. They are not going to send a male felon with face tattoos.

This is what I was thinking. Maybe you could have asked her more questions to get a better idea of what she was actually doing. But like a lot of people have said, better safe than sorry.

scha2707

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it is your show, you can do as you please. If your vendors are not happy with your decision (I'm not saying they aren't), they won't sign up for your next show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom