Gun World

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fredkrueger said:
Well I would never have started this thread if I had known that I was going to get made fun of. Excuse me. This was the first guns that I have ever bought before. Yes I got raped and no I will never buy a gun from there again. I am sorry that I am not an expert on the shops around the OKC area. I am from Shawnee. We have two shops and they suck. The only reason I went to gun world was because the guns I wanted from Academy, Bass Pro, were all sold out. And it was going to take about 4-6 weeks to restock. I didn't want to wait so I went to gun world. Yes it was stupid of me for not waiting but it is over now. Where is the best and cheapest place to shop at? And you guys had your fun running me down. So I would appreciate some serious answers now.

Don't get too butthurt. There is a history of trolling on OSA and members here are quick to call them out. OSA can be a good resource to expand your firearms knowledge. Just make sure you have thick skin and can take it all in good fun.

SSP will not have a huge selection like h&h or GW but they can get what you want in short order. There is a reason GW and h&h have great selection. Their prices suck. If you want some deals, watch the classified section here and you will likely find what you are looking for with a good price.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're going to get into the AR game, make sure you do A LOT of research. And be honest with yourself with what you are gonna use it for. Is it going to be plinking/hunting? Or do you need the bad ass life/death scenario gun? Check out Palmetto State Armory. They have a kit that just requires a stripped lower for an AR and it looks like a good deal to me. Just DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the okc are sooner state pawn, outdoor america, and c&j sporting goods in bethany are all good places to look. Kings pawn in del city isn't to bad. Don't take the remarks on here to hard if everyone on here was honest about it we have all over paid for something at one time or another.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to GW 3 years ago when I was shopping to trade a custom Caspian 1911 for an AR platform. He kept the gun in his paws for no less than 40 minutes while I waited not 5 feet away, and offered me $350.00 for it on the trade. I was completely baffled and speechless because I knew, that he knew, what the gun was and the parts entailed in the build. I politely said, give me my gun please, and sold it at the following Gun show for $850.00, which was still a killer deal for the buyer. Just one man's story, but I'll never go back.

F

fredkrueger

Don't get too butthurt. There is a history of trolling on OSA and members here are quick to call them out. OSA can be a good resource to expand your firearms knowledge. Just make sure you have thick skin and can take it all in good fun.

SSP will not have a huge selection like h&h or GW but they can get what you want in short order. There is a reason GW and h&h have great selection. Their prices suck. If you want some deals, watch the classified section here and you will likely find what you are looking for with a good price.
Are people trying to say that I am trolling? If so I didn't mean to be. I just thought I would create this thread and see what everyone else thought about GW. I didn't know that it was going to get me basically called stupid. I am not a stupid person but did do something stupid in buying my guns from GW. I enjoyed the experience that I had there other than paying more for the guns than what I would have somewhere else. I ain't gonna let the comments get me worked up but I don't see the reason for posting them in the first place. I am a grown man and I try and treat people the way I want to be treated. Even if someone else did something like I did I wouldn't be running them down for it. This thread has led over to another post that I made in another thread. I posted something that was a little off on the information that I gave and I was once again reminded of this crap. Questioning my logic.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey man welcome to the forum first off, secondly (like others have said) we have all been ripped off on one deal or another so its alright man. I bought my first gun the weekend i turned 21 from a gun show, I THOUGHT gun shows had steals everywhere and bought my pistol there. I went home and saw the same gun about $45 cheaper and I felt like crap for it for a little while.

Ever since then I research, search, and research some more before I pull the trigger on a buy. I have a list of guns that I keep my eyes out for and take my time looking for them, it give me the change to gauge the market for a handful of guns at once. If I come across a steal for anyone one of them then I can snatch it up with confidence.

Welcome to the forum and see you around.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am from Shawnee. We have two shops and they suck.

You sir, are correct!!

Welcome to OSA! (Good or Bad) From another Shawnee resident.

Don't let these guys get you down. There are a lot of jerks on here, but there are some good guys too.

In my opinion, most of the deals you will find will be from private sellers, but that is no guarantee.

Like someone said, do lots of research before buying. An impulse buy will usually cost you extra cash.

If you ever need help, just send me a PM.

Good luck!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
As mentioned above... lots of trolling going on here on the forums, especially lately. If you read up on here about Gun World (seriously, not just this thread, but some previous ones), where they are pretty well universally agreed to be horrible in most every way, then go read your own post, as one of the first posts you ever made here... I think you'll see why people would take it with a grain of salt. It sounds like a Gun World advertisement, without a doubt, when taken in that context.

It's nothing personal, and now that people realize that you seem to be a legit first poster, just were somewhat unedumacated in your past experiences, you'll get cut some slack.

Lighten up, suck it up, and move on. This is overall a great community, with the exception of some of us here who are just continual a-holes.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Allow me to also welcome you to the forums as well. Once you've been here a while, you'll start to notice that some of the trolls start a thread, and on occasion, it is with the intent to get some others flaming.

I have NO DOUBT that your comments were NOT those of a troll.

I have also bought a couple of weapons from Gun World, formerly Mashburn Arms. So, don't get the feeling that you are any different than ALL the rest of us. I would imagine that everyone of us that buys the occasional gun gets taken a bit or a lot. Unless one is lucky enough to inherit just exactly the firearms they want, the possibility of a bad deal is always real.

Now, I'll also add that if you don't mind the extra drive, another good source is Big Boys Guns and Ammunition out near Mustang. (Actually, a few miles East of Mustang on Hwy 152.) Between the wife and I and one of our sons, we've bought a few firearms there. They are good people and the business does not pay their employees on a commission basis. So, you won't have some salesperson trying to pressure you.

While I bought one Springfield XD in .45 at H & H, I did so because no one else had the same firearm at the time. Since THAT was the weapon that I wanted, I was perfectly willing to pay the price for it. I don't feel like I got robbed, even though I might have found it cheaper somewhere else. You've heard the old adage of "a bird in the hand," so I shouldn't have to explain that much more.

Yet further West, there is also Gene Sears out in El Reno. I think he functions a lot as a distributor, but more than once, I've seen a salesperson take the customer back into the warehouse area to look at weapons because there isn't enough room in the front display area to show them. The wife bought her S&W model 642 revolver there. Again, good people to deal with.

I've been to King's Pawn and also recommend them. From what I've heard here on the forums, Sooner State Pawn is another good place. I've not dealt there (yet), but who knows what will happen in the future. I have at least two firearms that I would like to have. I may just have to go see what they have.

Overall, most of the folks here are good people with lots of knowledge. Asking here before buying will get you some good answers that will help in future buying experiences. Good luck, both with shooting and the forums.

Latest posts

Top Bottom