Gunbroker deal dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Note that

His description says 308 over 12ga when it

Is the reverse. Does not know the weapon - deserves a negative for this fiasco.

Verdigris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your bid wasn't what he wanted for the gun and now he's backing out. I'd definitely leave negative feedback. Even if my suspicion's wrong, he still didn't ensure he could meet his end of the agreement.

mk23socom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smells to me like he didn't get what he thought he would get and now doesn't want to complete the deal. I would ask him what he would do for you, since he wasted your time and possibility that you could've bid on and won another auction while dealing with him.
I do believe that he deserves negative feedback for not having the item in his possession when listed.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Id leave feedback if some sort at worst negative, at best neutral. Keep a copy of his responses and post them as part if feedback, then others can decide.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely leave negative feedback. I had a similar situation on gunbroker a few years ago. I won an auction for a rifle, and when I contacted the seller, he said, 'oh, I sold that locally days ago.' So, why didn't he close the auction? He just blew it off. When I left him negative feedback, he came back and said how I was 'unreasonable' and refused to deal with him. Deal with him, how??? He never offered any resolution of any kind. Other potential buyers need to know!

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My response
Wow, I'm pretty disappointed. Looking back through your feedback, this doesn't seem to be the 1st time you've done this. I'm interested in hearing how that attempted buyer was handled.
I'm more than willing to consider any suggestions you might have to "how to help."

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
His reply
I'm disappointed as well here...and have no idea as to how to help here. I'm fairly certain I've not ever had this situation arise and I'm not sure where in my feedback you arrived at that assumption. I really don't know what to suggest here other than a sincere apology.

Latest posts

Top Bottom