GunBroker double billed me for a purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly it’s pretty common practice for cards get those pending charge situations. Most don’t see it but a lot of gas pumps actually do a $125-$150 pending charge on your card any time you scan them. Then when the machine settles later that day the correct dollar amount actually gets withdrawn. Some banks won’t actually return those funds back to the account holder for several days even after a pending charge never settled (Midfirst). It’s generally infuriating for the buyer and the seller

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly it’s pretty common practice for cards get those pending charge situations. Most don’t see it but a lot of gas pumps actually do a $125-$150 pending charge on your card any time you scan them. Then when the machine settles later that day the correct dollar amount actually gets withdrawn. Some banks won’t actually return those funds back to the account holder for several days even after a pending charge never settled (Midfirst). It’s generally infuriating for the buyer and the seller
If I get gas with a credit card it will charge me a dollar then, and then a few days later the total amount.

AU_K9s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pending two charges are still showing on my credit card.

They would be authorizations. First step of the process. Hotels and gas stations do this to verify you have sufficient credit and to allocate the funds, to allow the charge to be made when the transaction is completed (Actual fuel dispensed, product shipped, etc.)

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They would be authorizations. First step of the process. Hotels and gas stations do this to verify you have sufficient credit and to allocate the funds, to allow the charge to be made when the transaction is completed (Actual fuel dispensed, product shipped, etc.)
Correct

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I get gas with a credit card it will charge me a dollar then, and then a few days later the total amount.
That may be what shows on your pending but they authorized for way more. After a stolen card info I started an account just for gas, keep very little money in it. I have come to discover that I have to go inside to pay if the balance in the account is under 150 for this reason

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had my first issue with GB ever. So, there was some glitch on the GB checkout process and it wanted to charge me $180 shipping on a pistol from Texas to Oklahoma!!! I emailed the seller and had to call them directly to pay. $30 shipping is better than $180.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's somewhat foolish of me but I bought an article off of the internet without researching who was selling the item and instead of the article I thought I was buying, they sent me a pair of gloves. The cost was $79.00 and the item was sent from China! (I used Paypal because i didn't want them knowing my card number.) I thought I'd suck it up and chalk it up to learning a lesson but decided to contact my credit card company and reverse the charges-which they did and I'm unscathed. If you are taken advantage of or have a charge that you feel is unwarranted on your card, contact the company that issued you your credit card. They'll work for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom