Guns, salt, 16 ounce drinks and now painkillers in hospitals---Bloomberg marches on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
now Bloomburg and the Governor--Cuomo--are preparing to confiscate guns throughout the state....we need to support those that resist...

After Cuomo told a radio interviewer in December that “confiscation could be an option,” gun rights activists posted a petition to the White House’s web site calling any legislation restricting the sale and ownership of semi-automatic firearms “a clear violation of our rights as a free people.” The petition had 7,973 signatures as of late Wednesday morning.

It's obvious that he intends to try something. Confiscation? That brings a mental image of the Brown Shirt Jack Booted Thugs invading houses and searching for magazines. Thank God we have a Second Amendment. This crazy individual could be the start of something bad.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bloomingidiot is such a great demonstration of what is wrong with the parties. You can say and believe anything and take any kind of action you want, and as long as you pledge your allegiance to the party, it's all good.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they are going about the prescription med problem at the wrong angle. To say that the "pills are not the problem and the addict is the problem" is much more different that to say "the gun is not the problem the owner is"

The addicts are becoming so because of the medications. Yes they are making the decision to doctor farm, steal prescriptions, and purchase them illegally, but it is because of their addiction that physically affects them.

Before my major boating accident where I lost all of my guns, I did not physically need them and have a constant drive to shoot them or have them in my hands. I did so because I liked it (not needed it).

I think there needs to be more education and awareness to doctors, pharmacists, dentists, and the public about prescription drug abuse. I think we need to have a more "real time" prescription medication tracking system. I think that we do need to educate the people writing and filling the prescriptions to monitor the network more closely to determine if someone needs help with an addiction, or if they believe they are farming to sell the medications then to contact law enforcement.

Sorry just my 2 cents.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you have as much money as Bloomberg, your reality is skewed. I'm not begrudging him his fortune. Heck, I wish I could do as well as h has done, but that doesn't change the fact he lives in a totally different world.

Oh, you're sick mr. Bloomberg? Well, just hope on your private jet to some exclusive clinic, or better yet just have the clinic brought to you...

He takes for granted, things we view as extreme luxuries. He will never worry about bills, putting his kid through college, or having enough for retirement.

Again, this is not a rip on him for being wealthy. It's merely to point out that he is totally out of touch with what working Americans face each day

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bloomburg's restricting the quantity of dispensed prescription analgesics is only part of a bandaid solution to a much larger problem, which is that the current Emergency Medical system has been corrupted by the so called "Patient Satisfaction" survey. Patients complain that their "Pain" was not taken care of adequately, and the Physicians are then pushed by hospitals and case managers to administer and prescribe more and stronger meds. After a while of being badgered and to keep up with the never ending flow of patients, the Physicians just suppress their good clinical judgement (AKA Bullsh!t meter) and essentially just give the patients what they want instead of what they need. Sure, being a Physician gives them the ability to defend what they do by babbling about "Must treat the pain" or "No one created an addict by a writing a short prescription for such meds and no one cured an addiction by refusing to write for the meds", but the body count and cost of our drug addled population speaks for itself.

Even 10 years ago, Dilaudid (About 8 times stronger than Morphine) was rarely used for other than end stage cancer related pain and big orthopaedic injuries. Now, one of Dell City's finest can stroll in to Midwest City Regional Hospital's ER, calmly complain of a "10/10" headache, and with the correct answers to the history and exam (Learned from prior visits) get 4mg of Dilaudid IV, a second dose in 2 hours and a prescription for Oxycodone on the way out (Not just picking on MWC Reg., all ERs play the game to some extent or another). It's sad to me, that such bright and talented Physicians have allowed themselves to become "Legal drug dealers" and defend their actions in the process. The Hippocratic oath isn't supposed to be twisted by hippocrats.

Ranting aside, Bloomburg's plan/ rule/ whatever, will backfire. Say your kid has a simple fracture of his upper arm on a Wednsday afternoon before the Thanksgiving 4 day weekend. It's splinted/ slung in the ER, an Ortho consultation is set up for the following Monday, all is good but OOPS! The ER is limited to a 3 day fill. So now, either you'll have to return to the ER$$ for another visit or the Ortho guy might call or fax in a second prescription. The seekers? Like Zombies, they'll just keep shopping ERs more frequently with the same old, lame assed complaints. Don't feed the bears.

nos8ed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he's a nut or just plain evil. Or both.
He seems hell bent on taking away rights of not only his constituents but all Americans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom