Guns you couldn’t bring yourself to shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s only been one time in my life that I owned a firearm that I could not bring myself to shoot. It was an unfired colt SP1 with a 1974 production date. It even had the G.I. issue scope mounted on the carrying handle. As hard as I tried to make myself shoot that firearm, I never could take it out and pull the trigger on it.

So here’s my question. Have you ever owned a firearm he just couldn’t make yourself shoot?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a NIB, unfired limited edition Winchester 101 Diamond Grade Skeet in 20ga that'll remain that way. It's gorgeous but I have enough other shotguns I feel I can "preserve" this one. Plus it's a 20ga and I need all the lead in the air I can get so I shoot 12ga.

Here's a used one for sale to see what she looks like.

https://williamlarkinmoore.com/inventory/itemid/8097

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, when one is clean and unfired with 100% of it's original bluing, low numbers, historical or rare, ie an investment quality firearm. With that said their are plenty of shooters, even among older firearms. I would have a lot of trouble justifying using an 1873 Colt in good to excellent shape.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For many years I built up a small collection, and some were in the class of "Keep Pure". Then I had a couple of friends die, leaving their families with firearms and other "collectibles" to get rid of. I decided that was fair to my family, so I began slowly selling and giving away. Back around Thanksgiving, we decided to sell our home and buy a smaller patio home. So, virtually empty safe was sold, and a few more firearms. I now only keep what I intend to use and enjoy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom