Guns you couldn’t bring yourself to shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, not really. I've shot a few NIB collector pieces. Probably to the horror of any collectors that would have seen it. It's alright, they're mine and treated well, despite no longer being "new".

About the only instance I would consider not shooting something was a few years ago in a James Julia auction, there were 10 Winchester 1894s still packed in the original wooden crate as they would have been shipped. Even I wouldn't have gotten those out, they definitely would have been left alone to be preserved as they are.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 92FS from southwest shooters in the late 80’s. Always intended to use it. Never did. Don’t ask me why, idk. It’s nothing special, but I’ve only had it out of the case about twice.

Not all that smart on my part. Not a collector. Not even all that pretty, I just never shot it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two, and neither is safe to shoot (one went through a fire and the other has damaged/worn out internal parts that would cause it to go bang at undesirable times). I do have a couple that are in calibers for which I don’t have any ammo (.38 S&W and .30-40 Krag), but if I ever get around to acquiring some boolits for them, I’d shoot ‘em. The Krag is one I picked up super cheap with the intention of having rebarrelled in a different caliber, but it’s not one I won’t shoot.

Personally, I never understood the point of buying a fully-functional firearm that you won’t shoot (assuming you can find ammo and have a place to shoot it safely) unless you’re a dealer.

Desperado676

Marksman
Reaction score
There’s only been one time in my life that I owned a firearm that I could not bring myself to shoot. It was an unfired colt SP1 with a 1974 production date. It even had the G.I. issue scope mounted on the carrying handle. As hard as I tried to make myself shoot that firearm, I never could take it out and pull the trigger on it.

So here’s my question. Have you ever owned a firearm he just couldn’t make yourself shoot?
Just one. A 1913 Swiss Karabiner 11 in 7.5x55. Deffinately used but everyone was scared to shoot it because of the unreliable straight pull bolt. I don't think that thing will ever be fired again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom