Guys with post hole diggers in my yard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My wife was home and said a couple guys were in the yard with post hole diggers. She asked them what they were doing and they said they were measuring for something. She didn't understand the lingo and had no idea. Our neighborhood has a sidewalk and they were on the inside of it. Looks like they did every house on the block and probably others.
Truck was a big one ton with nothing on the door to announce who they were. They looked official with orange vests and such. They had a surveyors tripod but i don't what other equipment.
Looks like they took a plug from each yard and then replaced it. Anyone know what they were doing?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife was home and said a couple guys were in the yard with post hole diggers. She asked them what they were doing and they said they were measuring for something. She didn't understand the lingo and had no idea. Our neighborhood has a sidewalk and they were on the inside of it. Looks like they did every house on the block and probably others.
Truck was a big one ton with nothing on the door to announce who they were. They looked official with orange vests and such. They had a surveyors tripod but i don't what other equipment.
Looks like they took a plug from each yard and then replaced it. Anyone know what they were doing?

Not sure about the notifications, etc, but they could have still been within any city right of way if they were that close to the sidewalk. It just depends on how much of the yard the city actually claims in your town. Our city uses private companies for surveying, and even some construction projects, that the city is working on. Some of them have their trucks marked, some don't.

Or as was said, it could be a private company using city ROW for utilities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom