H&H Open Letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let us begin by saying the end of December 2012 saw the largest amount of firearms sales in the history of not only H&H but also the shooting sports industry as a whole. Thousands showed up each day and we brought out all support staff (bookkeepers, shipping and receiving crew even the building maintenance folks) just to help on the salesfloor. Most of the staff worked overtime (many from open to close) since Friday the 14th. More units were sold in a day than we normally sell in an entire month. Given the ton of paperwork just to handle a single firearm sale, I am very proud of the staff. They did the very best they could, considering the amount of guests that were here each day. Next, we have never ever taken advantage of a situation by gouging prices or withholding items. H&H is an industry leader: we do not follow trends — we set them. Click here to read our recent dialogue with the CEO of Ruger on this very topic. Next, we sold completely out of all platform units that could be sold to the general public, as well as magazines and many other accessories for these firearms. The good news is that, due to our size, we have product in the pipeline year-round and those items will be sold at normal prices. The distributors we do business with have not raised their prices (as of today). Further, we have had assurance they will be doing all they can to make sure their suppliers do the same. Click here for a statement from MAGPUL about their plan to respond to increased demand for their product. One of the downsides to this last week was our inability to spend any quality time with guests. The guests simply pointed and said, "I want 'that.'" and we did our best to keep up. I know we missed people but it was not from a lack of trying. Many of the staff did not stop for lunch or dinner either. The performance-oriented and legitimate dealers understand all too well that your sales today are not what're important: the sales for next year and the future are the most critical. H&H will do all in its power to grow the sport and see that its supply chain follows that heritage and tradition.

Due to overwhelming, national demand, we will be unable to answer availability or pricing questions about modern sporting rifles in person, or via phone or e-mail. Our waiting list for these rifles is full and we are no longer taking names. Once the list is complete we will be stocking our shelves and these products will be available on a first come first serve basis. We will keep you updated via this page and our Facebook on the status of our inventory.

Thank You for your continued support of H&H and the shooting sports.

http://www.hhshootingsports.com/notice.html

says the guy with $1900 bushmasters on the rack.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only obnoxious or panic prices I've seen at H&H have been on consignment stuff. They have been putting consignment ARs among the regular inventory in the octagonal cases. I wonder if that is what the OP saw.

Their regular prices have always been a little higher than some other metro FFLs, not a huge difference.

I would agree with the open letter and put Miles et al. in the "not gouging" column.

Even now you can also usually pick up a box or two of ammo when you visit H&H, at acceptable prices.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only obnoxious or panic prices I've seen at H&H have been on consignment stuff. They have been putting consignment ARs among the regular inventory in the octagonal cases. I wonder if that is what the OP saw.

Their regular prices have always been a little higher than some other metro FFLs, not a huge difference.

I would agree with the open letter and put Miles et al. in the "not gouging" column.

Even now you can also usually pick up a box or two of ammo when you visit H&H, at acceptable prices.

$150+ on a handgun is a huge difference/a lot higher.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As with any retailer on any purchase - YOU HAVE THE CHOICE to go spend your money elsewhere.

More whine in this forum than coming out of NAPA Valley. JEEZ

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, I've been really proud of H&H for not following "the trend". Admittedly their prices are often higher than other places but not ridiculously so and they've stayed the same through all of this. I suspect the $1900 Bushmaster was a consignment piece that some dingbat asked them to put on it. We've spent a lot of money and a lot of time at H&H over the last several years and I can honestly say that overall they've been top notch. Sure there's the occasional tiff but that happens everywhere and H&H is no exception. I've gotten frustrated and angry a couple times during the crazy time (someone really should coin a term for the last few months) but I'm still a loyal H&H'er.

Now if they would just install better range equipment, better ventilation and real air conditioning they would get a perfect score.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, I've been really proud of H&H for not following "the trend". Admittedly their prices are often higher than other places but not ridiculously so and they've stayed the same through all of this. I suspect the $1900 Bushmaster was a consignment piece that some dingbat asked them to put on it. We've spent a lot of money and a lot of time at H&H over the last several years and I can honestly say that overall they've been top notch. Sure there's the occasional tiff but that happens everywhere and H&H is no exception. I've gotten frustrated and angry a couple times during the crazy time (someone really should coin a term for the last few months) but I'm still a loyal H&H'er.

Now if they would just install better range equipment, better ventilation and real air conditioning they would get a perfect score.

So maybe H&H has prices on some stuff a little bit higher...you don't have to buy there if you don't want to. I spend money there on the retail side sorta "in trade" for what are very reasonable prices for range facilities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom