H&H Open Letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I laughed when I walked by that case in January or February. Can't remember. every other black rifle was gone except 3-4 that were on consignment for 1800+/-.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have bought multiple pistols there and had no issues with the cost. They were all below MSRP by at least 60.00 so could have cost me much more than they were.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I just go at the right times, I have never seen anything over MSRP there that wasn't on consignment. If they had one in stock I would have bought my bodyguard .380 from them since they were lower than Heartland and gunworld (I know, big surprise) and the same cost as big boys (big boys had one so they won). Now I'm sure they may be a little higher than some internet prices, but that is to be expected. Heck, brass cased .556 ammo is still at .50 per round and never budged from there and it was available quite often during the drought. I have actually never had any real complaints about them, well except the fact that they are still out of Hogdgon Longshot and .400 65 gr bullets, but so is every one else...

tim003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it true that H&H recorded your personal information on your driver license into their database when you purchase ammo from them. I did not believe it until my co worker shown me his receipt, he bought a box of 22LR ammo from them and he did not rent a lane or anything else. Does anybody know what is their purpose of tracking our info?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it true that H&H recorded your personal information on your driver license into their database when you purchase ammo from them. I did not believe it until my co worker shown me his receipt, he bought a box of 22LR ammo from them and he did not rent a lane or anything else. Does anybody know what is their purpose of tracking our info?

When I bought some .22 a while back, they asked to see my DL, but nothing was ever recorded. The guy getting the ammo just looked at the DL and moved on.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm just curious, does H&H put any money back into the shooting sports besides the only thing I know they do with some pistol shooting match once a year?

BTW, I'm not a hater of H&H, I've bought a few guns from there, one was a Benelli M2 a couple years ago, and it was actually cheaper than any where else I looked.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do have a database of information but generally that is only used when you go to the range or you purchase a firearm. There may be some newer people who just always ask for an ID and add it and others who just verify age. Never purchased ammo there except when I fired a few of their weapons and had to.

I don't know all of what H&H does for putting money back into the community but I do know that for the scouts they give free range time for qualifications.

http://hhshootingsports.com/About.htm said:
The company has been involved in great groups inside the shooting industry, like the National Shooting Sports Foundation, National Rifle Association, National Wild Turkey Federation, Safari Club International just to name a few. They are equally proud to be involved with groups outside: Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, Junior Achievement, Oklahoma County Foster Care Review Board, Rotary Club, Oklahoma Cities "Adopt a Street", Boy Scouts of America, Downtown College Consortium on behalf of OSU-OKC. This is just a small sampling of the groups and organization's with which they are associated.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes they track your purchases. Try to buy some ammo without ID.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they are gougers by any means but i believe they set prices in the premium range. Its very easy to find better pricing on handguns at least...but good staff and convenience are value added services imho and it was worth the extra $20 we paid for our last firearm there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom