H & R Pardner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who has an H & R Pardner. There is a problem with the spring on the left side of the receiver that controls the the cartridge feeding. This spring when at rest has a finger which rests on the cartridge base (holding the rounds in the magazine) when the action is cycled this spring is compressed allowing a cartridge to feed onto the lifter. The problem is something is holding the spring out making it impossible to feed a cartridge into the magazine.

My friend told me he found the action had to be unlocked to feed cartridges into the magazines. I told him I didn't believe that was right.

Any experience with this?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like he took the trigger guard out and didn't get the cartridge stop back in the slot correctly.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who has an H & R Pardner. There is a problem with the spring on the left side of the receiver that controls the the cartridge feeding. This spring when at rest has a finger which rests on the cartridge base (holding the rounds in the magazine) when the action is cycled this spring is compressed allowing a cartridge to feed onto the lifter. The problem is something is holding the spring out making it impossible to feed a cartridge into the magazine.+-]Quote

The spring you are talking about is the cartridge stop. it has the "finger" that stops the shell but it also has a "finger on the tip that fits in a slot between the receiver and the magtube. if its not in the slot or the tip has broke off it will do what you describe. the reason it works "unlocked" is that the action slide moved back, is holding the ear on the top of the cart stop in the release position. which sounds like the tip is broken.
look at owners manual and you can see good picture of the part.
http://www.hr1871.com/documents/manuals/NEF_Pard_Pump_Manual.pdf

Latest posts

Top Bottom