Ha...Too Bad, So Sad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She has enough money to bribe her way out of the situation she put herself, judges in Russia are like politicians here-maybe judges here also.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is a lot bigger than Griner's ability (if she even has it) to buy off some corrupt Russian official. Putin has his hands in this. He is playing hardball with our, very weak, Imposter in Chief, therefore, he would never sit by and allow that to happen. If it did, you can be certain that whoever let Griner get away would soon either be in a gulag himself or missing, never to be heard from again. That is an outcome I'm pretty sure everyone involved with Griner fears and would be aware of.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking drugs into Russia is about as smart as taking guns into Mexico.

When you're in another country, you play by their rules, not the rules and entitlement in your head.

Hiking in Afghanistan, tourism in Haiti....people do some stupid crap and expect the America they despise to rescue them. I really don't get that. Spoiled child syndrome?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is a lot bigger than Griner's ability (if she even has it) to buy off some corrupt Russian official. Putin has his hands in this. He is playing hardball with our, very weak, Imposter in Chief, therefore, he would never sit by and allow that to happen. If it did, you can be certain that whoever let Griner get away would soon either be in a gulag himself or missing, never to be heard from again. That is an outcome I'm pretty sure everyone involved with Griner would be aware of.

Lots of fatal falls in Russia these days. Out of windows, off boats, down stairs.

Seems to be mostly really rich guys, that have in the past been very closely associated w/ V. Putin.

Weird how that happens.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking drugs into Russia is about as smart as taking guns into Mexico.

When you're in another country, you play by their rules, not the rules and entitlement in your head.

Hiking in Afghanistan, tourism in Haiti....people do some stupid crap and expect the America they despise to rescue them. I really don't get that. Spoiled child syndrome?

How true.

If you go missing while hiking the mountains and trails of Afghanistan along the border with Iran I'm not going to be even mildly surprised, and I sure as hell ain't gonna be shocked. What I'd like to know is exactly what you expected, and why you think the US should spend even 15 seconds trying to get you out.

Now, if the Russians arrest you in Nevada and lock you up in Russia for possession of MJ, then I'll be a little outraged.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is a lot bigger than Griner's ability (if she even has it) to buy off some corrupt Russian official. Putin has his hands in this. He is playing hardball with our, very weak, Imposter in Chief, therefore, he would never sit by and allow that to happen. If it did, you can be certain that whoever let Griner get away would soon either be in a gulag himself or missing, never to be heard from again. That is an outcome I'm pretty sure everyone involved with Griner fears and would be aware of.
This. She could've bought her way out of Russia IF, Biden wasn't in a proxy war with Putin. He is, so she can't.

I don't care what or who she is, or what she's said in the past. One area where our United States government has a duty to ALL US citizens, is to advocate on their behalf in foreign detentions. We've had more than enough SCOTUS rulings here in the US, where we failed to provide foreign citizens access to consular services from their country of citizenship. They always favor the person.

Note that I'm not saying the US owes Griner a get out of Russian jail free card. Just that they should provide Griner equal services as any other American citizen would qualify for.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. She could've bought her way out of Russia IF, Biden wasn't in a proxy war with Putin. He is, so she can't.

I don't care what or who she is, or what she's said in the past. One area where our United States government has a duty to ALL US citizens, is to advocate on their behalf in foreign detentions. We've had more than enough SCOTUS rulings here in the US, where we failed to provide foreign citizens access to consular services from their country of citizenship. They always favor the person.

Note that I'm not saying the US owes Griner a get out of Russian jail free card. Just that they should provide Griner equal services as any other American citizen would qualify for.
Commies aren't people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom