Haggling at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for supporting local business but the good will has to go both ways. A place like J&K or H&H, sure, I'll try to buy from them before Academy or Cabela's or Bud's. But that's because the J&K guy I met at a gun show a couple of months ago went out of his way to answer some pretty dumb questions (plus J&K makes a quality product) and because the H&H people always treat me like I'm something special when I go in there and are going to be there if I need them after the buy. Academy and Cabela's employ quite a few local people and they pay local taxes too, but the J&K guy and the peeps at H&H treat me nice, so they're gonna get my hard earned American dollars first, within reason. My good will doesn't stretch to a $100 premium on a $500 item, not by a long shot! ;)

I cant stand those guys at J&K!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, Mitch is a stand-up guy. I refuse to buy boolits from anyone but him. And maybe I am not looking hard enough, but his prices are far better than most I have seen online.

I agree with BB. I prefer to do my business with local shops, but sometimes it just doesnt work out that way. My most recent big purchase was for my Model 60. I could have got it off Buds for about $20 less, but instead I gave my money to Big Boys. The treat me right there. They dont get into pissin' matches when it comes to gun knowledge. I'll throw some coin their way if for no other reasons than to do my part to keep their doors open.

People use to really choke and heave about walmart killing businesses. Well, there is a bigger problem than Walmart, its the internet. You might be able to get a dang good price, but to what end?

That said,... I also had a recent issue with a local business (non firearm related). They didnt have the item in stock, but said it was on order. They took my name down and guaranteed me one off the next shipment. Three weeks passed and I decided I couldnt wait any longer.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to buy from the smaller shops because they tend to be cheaper for the same level of service. Example I used to buy at Brigadoon's and Mark used to give me a discount and or match others if he could. I have purchased from King's gun and pawn as well. I went to Cold Hand Arms and they are great over there as well. Depending on what I am looking for every shop tends to have their niche. Example by far I would say Cold Hand Arms has the best Glock prices. Brigadoon was the best for military type fire arms, and King's was for littles odds and ends like Kel Tec or something. However I buy from the members here often times. H&H has a pretty gun room and selection but their prices are high in my opinion. Not as high as others but I never set foot in their establishments. However H&H from time to time has some great deals, but very seldom.

carbon

Marksman
Reaction score
You should just go to gunworld first, then swing by h&h. That way you think their prices are a bargain for a retail store. I mean how can GW sell winchester WWB value pack 45 for $79.99 when you get it @ wallyworld for $35 otd?

Because they can. This is the best place for keeping more of your money in Oklahoma. They have glock 30 magazines for $40! Try and beat that anywhere. And just so you know, March is Gun World Month so you have to go there and contribute or school children will not get books this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom