Hand Shake Part 2!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha!

We had a couch out on the street with a sign free to good home

No one wanted it

I got tired of that and changed the sign to $500. It was gone overnight.
Ha!

About the same.

Put out a couch that Mom had, sign said FREE. It sat for a week. Put $100 on it.
A young, single Mom from down the road, stops and asks if she could take it now and pay me $50 Friday after next?
Agree to her terms, she took the couch and haven't seen her since. LoL

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha!

About the same.

Put out a couch that Mom had, sign said FREE. It sat for a week. Put $100 on it.
A young, single Mom from down the road, stops and asks if she could take it now and pay me $50 Friday after next?
Agree to her terms, she took the couch and haven't seen her since. LoL
Many years ago a guy came to my shop and asked if I had any roller conveyer, I said I had 2 sections but they were at my house, and I told him where I lived, and said go take a look, if you like um just leave 50 bucks under the doormat. Well I guess he liked um, they were gone, and I guess he forgot about the 50. Damn, I've done some stupid things.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part 2 has surprised me even more! Shows either how gullible/stupid/naive our fellow humans around us! This really has me sadden.

Late last night I went to Re-Post the ad “ #5 on handshake ghosted” on Marketplace on Facebook! It was late and I goofed and put $16500 instead of the correct $65000. I had 193 inquiries about the RV, most had statements to the effect they would come first thing in the morning, they wanted it, a few asked if the price was real, a few asked if I was a scammer but the vast majority believed it! AND had 19 of them offer less than the $16500 **** up price! They lowballed a Nada booked $70k RV that was listed for $16.5k!

If any of the 193 that responded to my **** up and are members here, I just laughed. It really opened up my eyes! I was about 30 in on the 193 responding back about the **** up apologizing , when it dawned on me that was futile and senseless. Killed the ad and wrote it correctly.

We live in a differing time!
I have done my share of trading/selling and have had mixed results. Most are just like you said, you can't believe a word they say, if they don't have their money at risk. I have come across a few that their word was as good as their money. I have gone ahead and bought stuff that I said I would take when I wanted to back out , just because I said I would! I had to quit saying that, it was costing me money. Like you, I think that is the way things should be, but are seldom that way anymore! I have supposedly true accounts, where a man convicted and senticed to hang, would be reliesed on his WORD, to get his family taken care of, crops in, etc. and then he would show up to his own hanging!! That is keeping his word!! I suspect that kind of honor is long dead?

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why people will buy some current production guns on Gunbroker. They pay MSRP, shipping, tax and a 3% credit card fee when you can by the same gun cheaper using Gun Deals and finding direct retailers for below MSRP with no fees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom