handgun carry gripe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
went to kfc today for lunch and noticed a anti handgun sign on the door and I was disappointed I happen to like kfc and now I probably wont go back don't those suits that make these policies realize that the customers they ban pay their paychecks

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
concealed is concealed

There you go. I do sometimes ask for the manager and hand him a Anti Gun Business Card that states a bunch of stuff about not spending money, crooks don't obey the signs blah blah, and ask them to give it to the owner. Most managers agree with me on the card. And most will say they don't agree and want people to carry legally off the record.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concealed is concealed BUT that doesn't show the suits a drop in sales. They can then use the info to further the bans because banning did not effect sales.

I will not be supporting KFC. Wonder if Taco Bell and Pizza Hut ban, since the same suits are in charge.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember that these places are franchised, and often it's the franchisee's policy you see on the door. Sometimes not, but how do you know? Have you called to complain and respectfully ask that they change or, at the very least, honestly review their policy? Don't be too quick to blame the "suits" when it could just be some working stiff who made good.

If you're going to be principled enough to be offended, be principled enough to speak up. By just ceasing to spend your money there, you're basically pissing in the rain. They didn't know you before you saw the sign and, unless you call, they won't know you or why you stopped coming in to spend your money... nor will they care, and you'll be there mad and alone.

Just something to think about.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Concealed is concealed BUT that doesn't show the suits a drop in sales. They can then use the info to further the bans because banning did not effect sales.

I will not be supporting KFC. Wonder if Taco Bell and Pizza Hut ban, since the same suits are in charge.

I hear ya, I feel ya, but dang when a guy has to have some chicken lick, and KFC is the only place in town, he has to get sum! Be it with a pistol hidden or not, a guy just cannot go without fulfilling his chicken lick craving!! LOL!

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to kfc today for lunch and noticed a anti handgun sign on the door and I was disappointed I happen to like kfc and now I probably wont go back don't those suits that make these policies realize that the customers they ban pay their paychecks

Open carry in the drive through.

I have yet to see any of these places turn on duty police officers away...

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear ya, I feel ya, but dang when a guy has to have some chicken lick, and KFC is the only place in town, he has to get sum! Be it with a pistol hidden or not, a guy just cannot go without fulfilling his chicken lick craving!! LOL!

Then a Simple ...taking down of the sign should suffice... ( but wait till you get your chikin)...done and Done..8/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Respectful emailing and contact has proven in several circumstances to change an owners' mind. We've seen examples of it on this very forum.

Another possible effective tactic is to point out to owners the new state law that protects them from any liability arising from allowing lawful firearms permit holders to keep their defensive weapons on their person. Many owners are under the mistaken assumption that their liability will increase, and I am of the impression that some insurance companies had in the past threatened higher premiums - which I believe is now also covered under state law, no?

Latest posts

Top Bottom